Crashing computer bug

Yumeria

Summary: The game keeps crashing my computer. Most times while loading the game server for a world. Once during gameplay.

Game Version: (A20 b238)

Platform: (PC)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel Core i7-8700K)

System Memory: (Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB [4 of them so total 32GB])

GPU Model and VRAM: (Aero Geforce GTX 1010 Ti)

Screen Resolution: (3840x2160)

Video Settings: (Ultra)

Game mode: (MP host and MP client)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC off?

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Join a world

2)Play in a world

3)

Actual result: (Game crashing my computer when joining a game. This has happened at least ten times. One of the ten was during gameplay. Everytime my computer crashes and reboots.)

Expected result: (The game to not crash my computer and just be playable.)

Here is two output logs. https://pastebin.com/Ai1wxMLc and https://pastebin.com/NptNXu1S

12 hours ago, Yumeria said:

I joined the world and exited 3 times

There's a memory issue when you do this. The game doesn't release all the memory when you exit one world and re-enter. So you have to completely shut down the game if you exit a playthrough, then start the game again from steam.

Also, again, try playing at 1080p. Your fps will thank me.

Check your Windows event log for an entry around the time of your crashes. It may have some info that will help.

Edited by Beelzybub (see edit history)

Kernel Power Error 41…..googling that got me an article where there are 5 steps to fix that error. They include making sure windows is up to date including making sure your chipset and video drivers are up to date, turning off fast start in windows power settings, open your case and reseat your ram and videocard, run chkdsk /r and  sfc /scannow, finally use a program like OCCT that will stress test your cpu, ram and power supply but you want to stress the power supply. Errors should pop up in 5 minutes but run it for an hour to be sure.

6 hours ago, Yumeria said:

Oh this is late but I was able to find the windows event. I saw one said error and one said critical shortly after. I put them both in one paste bin.

https://pastebin.com/vuXKS2ZW

If your computer is shutting down, that means the power supply can't provide enough power, or the extra cpu power plug on the motherboard is disconnected or faulty.

Well I just did everything that Star69 suggested. I only ran the stress test for about 15 minutes because I do not have time to do more right now but I will try again later. I did check all the connections inside my tower to make sure they are set up correctly. I don't think my power supply is too weak. It is a EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W. So unless it is faulty or it's age (4 years) has degraded it that should not be the problem. However the other question is if that is the case why is it only when playing this game does this problem happen? I have crash in any other game or activity.

Edited by Yumeria (see edit history)