Alpha 20, graphics on storage boxes

ungkor

You paint them on.

You can also preselect paint for a block too in the radial dial holding R.

Though i had some bugs when i did that with the gun crate paint before placing a storage container, it placed as a jammed crate and required me to destroy the lock before opening and it opened like a lootable container (took a second or two)

Yep, I use this ALL the time... a SEA of words is just confusing to me and others IMHO to know where stuff is:

• Oven: get "cooked" and ready to eat food here(ie, canned goods with no recipes)
  • Upper red cabinet: canned goods that are used in recipies
  • Lower Cabinet: (this is in lieu of a fridge since there is no fridge texture sadly) I put raw meat and veg and other food ingredients in here(such as fat/zombie flesh)
    • these above 3 tend to be on ground level and act as stove tops for 3 campfires
  • Drink cooler: ummm drinks and empty jars/toilet water
  • Old Beer: "special" drinks like Grampa's whatever, recog. 
  • Bookshelf: umm books ONLY when playing MP(otherwise they are read or sold)
  • The DARK grey cabinet textures reminds me of Garage selves and I tend to keep vehicle parts, gas, oil, and pretty much other workbench type craftables in here
  • Steel block: forged iron/forged steel
  • Concrete block (level 2): sand/rock/cement/concrete mix
  • Flagstone: cobblestone

etc... again, to me its far easier to see a painted surface and one thing stick out as the "right" place for "most items" vs trying to mentally parse words from 10, 15,20, 15 written storage boxes