A20 - Avoid Bloodmoon Injection (SP/MP/Dedicated)

w00kien00kie

This new server-side module adds a new craftable item that allows players to temporarily avoid bloodmoons. Great for people on MP servers that dont always want to tackle a bloodmoon but dont want to log off for it. 

The module adds a new easy-to-make recipe for a Avoid Bloodmoon Injection. The injection gives the player a 20 min buff (stackable) that masks them from bloodmoon party calculations. 

Ive tested on SP/MP and a big shout out to HellsJanitor (https://www.twitch.tv/hellsjanitortv) for testing on his dedicated server. 

https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https:%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw00kie-n00kie%2FTheWinchester%2Ftree%2Fmain%2FMods%2FWMMAvoidBloodmoon

w00kie n00kie

23 hours ago, TomGun42 said:

certainly not server side only :(

true that!

my experience so far is if there are dlls, icons, assets, resources, prefabs, or localizations..the "server-side only" @%$# doesn't actually work unless you install on the client also...

there are some exceptions, but by and large those are my rules when it comes to whether i need to add Mods to my client mod download or not

• 2 weeks later...

This works on our servers.  One on host havoc and one on ping perfect.  Both have EAC on and the DLL is not in my steam installation folder.  It just worked on our live server I tested 15 minutes ago.  

Perhaps if you have a 3rd party host, you might check with them if DLLs are allowed.   I've heard it can be a thing?  But hasn't been on my two hosts.  

Edited by Ratbertt (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hi, w00ien00kie,

We run two servers, one with Darkness Falls and one with Improved Hordes and a number of other modlets. Both of those interfere to some degree with vanilla spawning. Do you have any idea if there will be compatibility issues created by adding your mod?

Thanks

Trev

• 3 months later...

Hello Wookie, 

I have been using your mod flawlessly for a long time on the server. Thank you for this as it really helps a lot of new people or low levels who are coming on. I have recently had an issue after the new game update where the blood moon only seems to work after someone uses it, dies and respawns instead. I do have zombie mods and other things going off however this has never been a problem before. Normally you take the injection and it works asap for the duration. Would you know what might be causing it?

15 hours ago, DefiantDucky said:

Hello Wookie, 

I have been using your mod flawlessly for a long time on the server. Thank you for this as it really helps a lot of new people or low levels who are coming on. I have recently had an issue after the new game update where the blood moon only seems to work after someone uses it, dies and respawns instead. I do have zombie mods and other things going off however this has never been a problem before. Normally you take the injection and it works asap for the duration. Would you know what might be causing it?

Hiya

I haven't heard of any other problems with it but also haven't tried it out myself on the latest version. I'll try to do some testing when I get a chance and let you know 

Ive run a quick test in SP on A20.6b9 and the Bloodmoon Injection was working as intended. Id be surprised if this would be any different in MP/Dedicated tbh and think it may be a clash with one of your other mods. 

Ill try to get a dedicated test up and running but that will take me longer to do

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Well, just seen this mod today and tested it. Found on https://7daystodiemods.com/avoid-bloodmoon-injection-sp-mp-dedicated/

I have a dedicated server and hosted server, and it works on both. Current game at A20.7(b1)

You need to use it before 22:00 or it won't work. (I tested at 21:59 no problem, at 22:00 and they will find you) You NEED to use it before 22:00....

It states 20 minutes of use, yet at 4:15 I still had over 1 minute of protection left. This might work if a server extends bloodmoon to 06:00, not sure as I didn't test that. Thanks for the mod, hope it continues, if not, maybe you'll update it since it uses a DLL file.

===========

EDIT:

I edited this since I forgot to mention (and assure people, this was tested on multiplayer only in case people don't understand dedicated and hosted server) Did another test, it will last from 21:59 till 04:56. Not good for servers running bloodmoon till 06:00 in my opinion (yet not tested if using two injections at once helps) I tested with my player at level 109 and at level 1000 (Yes, a mod to increase level yet hosted server at default 300 to prevent issues with testing). I personally will change the recipe for making it, yet overall great job!

Thanks again at w00kien00kie !!

Edited by kokuojeiku (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

The buff is stackable, so if the player use 2 injections the buff should last 40 mins. It's an easy recipe to make as well.

If you want to increase the duration for 1 though you'll need to edit the XML.

This should also be good for A21 but will check once it's released 

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...