How about to "fix" (or even take a look on) the Brightness Bug/Cheat after 9 Years?

fuba

Hi there,

maybe it is time to take a DEEPER look into the Brightness "Cheat or Bug or whatever" (what definitely ruins a BIG Aspect of the Game!) after 9 YEARS right now?!

This means if you set the Brightness Slider (Value) to 100% there is no "Night" or any other "Dark Place" anymore in the game!
And the "Bad thing" about this is...
Im pretty SURE this is known now for YEARS (im aware of it since Alpha 9 -> so about 5 Years, maybe more?!) because this "Cheat" exists since my beginning!

This "Cheat" breaks many things and also ruins a BIG aspect of the Game -> The Scare Factor!

• Also Night Vision Goggles -> most useless item ingame!

• The need to add Night Vision Scopes -> useless!

• Vehicle Lights, especially Vehicle Light Modification -> useless!

• Weapon Flashlights -> useless!

• Helmet Lights -> useless, except for mining maybe!

Maybe you should take a look into things that make "FUN" to Players instead of Patch out every Anti-Horde base as soon as possible or ruin other things that make "FUN"!

Off-topic:
Because for NOW the Zombies are like...
Super-Intelligent Alien-Zombies with X-Ray and a Masters-Degree in Pathfinding & Tracking!
This maybe make "FUN" to you, but not us!

And by the way, to all the "smartass" with:
do not turn it up if you don't like it

I think you know my opinion about you? ;)

Long Story short...
Maybe first fix existing Stuff to work properly, then ruin the gamers fun?! ^^

while it is/may be possible for game developers to restrict the brightness... it is not the best practice because not all monitors display the same in that instance. the the adjustment choice is for compensating for different monitors and for peoples difference in their vision.

while i know where your discussion/rant is headed.. it would not fix the brightness exploiting.

there is still computer settings, video card adjustments and 3rd party programs that will override any game settings/restrictions.

So you cheat (Brightness 100%) and complain that the cheat is avaiable?

It is an adjustment, if you use for skipping game features, you are exploiting.

That is an option because, like unholyjoe said, there is difference because hardwares.

My brightness in 50% still make thing a lot clear than my brothers monitor with 75% brightness.