Low FPS when mining ethereum

shimdidly

So normally 7D2D runs fine. I've got a GTX 1660 Super and normally get around 80-100 FPS on medium settings. When mining ethereum, however, frame rate drops to 8-10 fps. This issue persists with both mining utilities I've tried: lolminer and t-rex, and both are updated to the latest versions, so I believe the issue is with the game and not with the mining software. I'm also running the latest version of 7D2D (Alpha 20).

Is there anything else I should try?

Remove both mods and see if fps remains that low. I haven't seen any reports of anyone else seeing fps drops while mining. Just because a mod has been updated to A20, doesn't mean it isn't the problem. However, if mining in a vanilla game results in bad frame rate then there is an issue. As for mining, I assume you mean iron/coal/nitrate or lead and not ethereum as ethereum is not in the game. If vanilla mining is fine, I'd post about it in the mod forums as those folks would likely have the answer that you need.

EDIT: well I'm dumb, ethereum as in crypto mining......yes it will devastate your game performance

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Remove both mods and see if fps remains that low. I haven't seen any reports of anyone else seeing fps drops while mining. Just because a mod has been updated to A20, doesn't mean it isn't the problem. However, if mining in a vanilla game results in bad frame rate then there is an issue. As for mining, I assume you mean iron/coal/nitrate or lead and not ethereum as ethereum is not in the game. If vanilla mining is fine, I'd post about it in the mod forums as those folks would likely have the answer that you need.

Pssst

https://ethereum.org/en/developers/docs/consensus-mechanisms/pow/mining/

https://minerstat.com/miner/lolminer

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Once I got over wondering about a mineral I have never seen in the game, I was forced to concur with the mod that stressing the bejazzle out of the graphics card with crypto operations is probably going to interfere with the smooth rendering of all those attractive if aggressive anaerobes.

Mammary physics or monetary computations. Pick One.  I know which prize has my eyes...

Edited by Sassie
add content (see edit history)