Cannot interact with ANY storage container

james anderson

When I enter a game I am unable to interact with any storage. This includes garbage, nest, cabinets. Anything you could normally search or store items in, no prompt to interact with it appears.

When I use the cheat mode to give myself items, just to explore the world, it freezes, usually combined with a fall through the map. and cannot be reloaded. Also, placing a storage chest doesn't work, stays constantly red and can't set it down.

Never had any issues with A18 or A19(other than some minor lag if I set it to 62 max zombies). I've restarted and reinstalled and have zero issues with any other game I play, so I don't believe it's on my end(happy to be proven wrong, though)

Any ideas?

13 hours ago, james anderson said:

When I enter a game I am unable to interact with any storage. This includes garbage, nest, cabinets. Anything you could normally search or store items in, no prompt to interact with it appears.

Any ideas?

As Star69 mentioned, we need your log files to try and pinpoint the issue, but some ideas I have (guesses really since we don't have your logfiles):

Potential mod conflict (using A18 or A19 mods) - anything that affects the loot.xml file will not load properly if A19 or earlier on an A20 game.  When that occurs, you cannot interact with loot containers anymore.

The other issues might also be tied to mod conflicts.

Greatly appreciate the feedback. 95% sure it's due to mods(based on the yellow/red letters in the game log that pop up when it is loading - and which I will NEVER use again). 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' is not rectifying it, though. First PC game I've played in 20 years, and the mods were clearly a bad idea. Only got one of them to work anyway. I'll play around with it a bit more(after some sleep) and see if I can figure out how to remove them. If not, I'll get that pastebin log thingy going. Thanks again.

16 minutes ago, james anderson said:

Greatly appreciate the feedback. 95% sure it's due to mods(based on the yellow/red letters in the game log that pop up when it is loading - and which I will NEVER use again). 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' is not rectifying it, though. First PC game I've played in 20 years, and the mods were clearly a bad idea. Only got one of them to work anyway. I'll play around with it a bit more(after some sleep) and see if I can figure out how to remove them. If not, I'll get that pastebin log thingy going. Thanks again.

Verifying won't remove mods, and even un-installing and re-installing won't. You need to open the client folder and delete the Mods folder.