My base disappears the closer I get to it

RagnarDanneskjold

I'm running A20 on my own dedicated server, as in a separate PC I own, not a rented server online. My base is not built from a POI, though it is about 50m away from one. 

I am having an odd bug all of a sudden where my base is vanishing the closer I get to it. If I'm several hundred meters away, I can see my base and it looks complete and fine, but as I walk closer to it, large chunks of it start vanishing. It's not a visual only bug either as I get the "Your bedroll is gone" message when I get close enough for that part to vanish too. By the time I'm right next to where it should be, the entire base is gone. Anyone else having similar issues or know of a fix? I would prefer not to have to remake the entire thing from scratch with a new game. 

1 hour ago, RagnarDanneskjold said:

Thanks, but that's not at all helpful. I'm not trying to submit an official bug ticket or anything like that. Just looking for other players who might have had the same problem and if they knew of any causes or fixes. I did use the search, and I didn't find any other threads talking about this. 

Above is the link we show posters here in General Support so they post a logfile. We see a lot of different symptoms for any bug or corrupted game, many times only the logfile gives us the neccessary information to find out what could be happening.

Even though that thread above is trying everything to be conspicuous, only about 1 in 4 posters adds a logfile to his initial posting. Really sad that all the volunteers here trying to help have to waste a lot of their time reminding people to read before posting

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 1/9/2022 at 7:02 AM, meganoth said:

Even though that thread above is trying everything to be conspicuous, only about 1 in 4 posters adds a logfile to his initial posting. 

I been only helping for the past few months, but I think you are being generous above that 1 in 4 posters adds their logfile before someone mentions it is needed to assist in troubleshooting.

Right now, I consider it a win if the person doesn't respond back to me that I should do something I wouldn't tell my mother to do after I post the link and request they follow the instructions.  🤔