A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

Hey, one question. Im using debugMenu tô summon the NpCs and only finding the FOX npc as for the hirable criaturas/animals on the F4…. If I play, other crestares Will be there and its normal only the FOX on this tab?

one more question, you can get NPC hirabble on quests from traders or only spawning ? 

9 hours ago, Samhain said:

Hey, one question. Im using debugMenu tô summon the NpCs and only finding the FOX npc as for the hirable criaturas/animals on the F4…. If I play, other crestares Will be there and its normal only the FOX on this tab?

one more question, you can get NPC hirabble on quests from traders or only spawning ? 

The baker and nurse should be in the f6 debug spawn menu and any other packs as well you have added. No, only spawning in the world at this time, though the placeable items could be added to traders i imagine.

11 hours ago, Samhain said:

one more question, you can get NPC hirable on quests from traders or only spawning ? 

F6 spawns the NPCs if you are in DM mode.  The only hirable animal in the NPCCore is the fox.  Other animals can be added with addon packs.  Modders are working on more packs, so watch for those to be added.   If you just have the NPCCore loaded, and no other packs, then the Nurse and the Baker are rare spawns in biomes and can be hired.

Think I fixed an issue I was having when I updated to the latest 21.1. 

Now, if I wanted to remove the Baker and Nurse from spawning in the world but keep Harley. 

Would removing all Bakers and all Nurses from the ZombiesAll enititygroup remove them from spawning in the world?

One other thing 

- 

Seems the FOX is fixed. I'm about to give him meat for hire. 

But the Raiders says talk to them but unable to pull up a menu for hire or anything. Just wanted to let you guys know 

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

4 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Think I fixed an issue I was having when I updated to the latest 21.1. 

Now, if I wanted to remove the Baker and Nurse from spawning in the world but keep Harley. 

Would removing all Bakers and all Nurses from the ZombiesAll enititygroup remove them from spawning in the world?

One other thing 

- 

Seems the FOX is fixed. I'm about to give him meat for hire. 

But the Raiders says talk to them but unable to pull up a menu for hire or anything. Just wanted to let you guys know 

Yes, removing the baker and nurse from entitygroups xml will stop them from spawning in the world. Which raiders, raider gurlz friendly? They are hireable, any other raider packs are not hireable. Also, any ui modlets or overhauls will mess up the npc menu.

2 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

Yes, removing the baker and nurse from entitygroups xml will stop them from spawning in the world. Which raiders, raider gurlz friendly? They are hireable, any other raider packs are not hireable. Also, any ui modlets or overhauls will mess up the npc menu.

Sounds good. 

And the NPCCore Raiders (friendly) not able to talk too. I'm not using any UI mods. Just Khaine's bigger toolbelt and Khaine's bigger backpack. 

Guys! I had two problems and fixed one.
I fixed the issue with the NPC being hostile and not allowing you to hire them.

It was because of this other mod which has factions in it or is it this mod? Like the bandit faction and the dukes faction. Anyways...

The player was hostile with the Dukes faction and when I fixed that (by switching to that faction) the issue got fixed too and the NPC's are now hireable.

But the other problem with vehicles remains. I can't interact nor use vehicles anymore and I dont know why.
It doesnt matter if its a native vehicle or a vehicle form another mod. Could it be because I am Dukes faction now and not the default faction?

So resolving one issue had caused another? Are vehicles faction dependant?

Edited by intellected
confusion (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, cicciosmith said:

thanks for the work i love your mod but i have only a question:

Coming Soon 1-khzmusik_Civilians by Khzmusik (Folks just like you, trying to survive.)

this mod when is ready?

Last I heard he was getting ready to work on characters again.  No date yet.

7 minutes ago, intellected said:

Guys! I had two problems and fixed one.
I fixed the issue with the NPC being hostile and not allowing you to hire them.

It was because of this other mod which has factions in it, like the bandit faction and the dukes faction.

The player was hostile with the Dukes faction and when I fixed that (by switching to that faction) the issue got fixed too and the NPC's are now hireable.

But the other problem with vehicles remains. I can't interact nor use vehicles anymore and I dont know why.
It doesnt matter if its a native vehicle or a vehicle form another mod. Could it be because I am Dukes faction now and not the default faction?

So resolving one issue had caused another? Are vehicles faction dependant?

I have never heard, nor observed, vehicle issues when using the NPCCore.  Vehicles are a type of entity, so if a mod you are using changes any entity code, it could cause issues.  Try running just SCore, NPCCore and your vehicle mod, and retest.  Then add other mods until it breaks.  That will tell you which mod author to contact for a fix.

18 minutes ago, xyth said:

Last I heard he was getting ready to work on characters again.  No date yet.

I have never heard, nor observed, vehicle issues when using the NPCCore.  Vehicles are a type of entity, so if a mod you are using changes any entity code, it could cause issues.  Try running just SCore, NPCCore and your vehicle mod, and retest.  Then add other mods until it breaks.  That will tell you which mod author to contact for a fix.

Okay it got fixed after restarting the game.

But how come I had to use the book Join Dukes Faction in order to hire the NPC's?

image.thumb.png.5f9701b2d38e1f648866af2822509030.png

So all these NPCCore files I had into my mods folder. 

For some reason when I have these added all the traders give is buried supply quests. 

When I remove all these the quests are back to normal. 

Any idea what would be causing the traders to act that way and/or what mod here affects traders/quests?

__

Edit: i'm thinking it's not NPCCore. It's something TFP did to traders in the 21.1 update. that is messing with the quests/traders, either having them un protected or something. 

-

Edit 2: 

Yeah from 21.0 to 21.1 TFP changed something with trader protection. 

If you make traders unprotected in 21.1 you will only get buried supply quests. 

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

I don't see you having SCore loaded.  The trader protection code in A21 changed and I know Sphereii was updating SCore to fix.  Make sure you are using the 21.1e version of SCore if you are using 21.1

I downloaded the score from the a21.1 github you go to from the link on the mod page, and with just that and npccore loaded in a a21.1 game I can't upgrade any blocks.  Nothing happens when I try to use a stone axe to upgrade a block.

edit: Note, I switched to a21 stable and the a21 score and do not have this problem.

Edited by DrunkZombie (see edit history)

3 hours ago, xyth said:

I don't see you having SCore loaded.  The trader protection code in A21 changed and I know Sphereii was updating SCore to fix.  Make sure you are using the 21.1e version of SCore if you are using 21.1

Okay. I'm sure I did have that downloaded. 

But I will double check to make sure it was 21.1e. 

Thank you. 

A21.1 is now stable (Thank god finally no more changes).  I'm uploading a new A21.1 tutorial project, should be available shortly from main page link.  The new project has a new script named AnimationEventBridge, which you should attach to each entity (zombies, animal, mech) if you want to use those characters WITHOUT needing SCore.  SCore adds it to NPC characters, but its fine, and also recommended, to attach it to all NPC characters anyways.   This script will enable correct attack syncing as well as adds back footstep sounds.  A21.1 controller bug fix is also added. 

Hi,
I believe I have found a bug with the NPC mod and A21.1 B16 stable.

Summary: Upgrading and repairing no longer works with any tool or any block/material.

Game Version: A21.1 B16 stable

Platform: PC

Video Settings: Custom. I don't think my video settings are related

Game mode: SP

Did you start a new game? Yes  

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any other mods? Yes but tested with no other mods installed.

EAC off?  Yes.

Bug Description: Upgrading and repairing no longer works with any tool or any block/material.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: Spawned in a stone hammer, hammer and already had a nail gun. Added wood, cobblestone, concrete mix and steel to inventory. Attempted to repair a damaged block and upgrade a wood block. Nothing happens on screen but this error appears in the console:
"EXC MissingMethodException: Method not found. int . Inventory, GetItemCount(ItemValue, bool,int,int)"

Actual result: Explained above

Expected result: Blocks to repair or upgrade.

Thanks

We still have a few issues on Dedi, inventory on the NPC isn't reliably restored on reentering the game, and if the characters had its weapon swapped, if reverts back to original spawned weapon.