IxeYgrek

Hi

Summary: Zombies spawn inside claim area

Game Version: A20 B238

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

System Memory: 32Go

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 (8Go VRAM)

Screen Resolution: 2560x1440

Video Settings: High with cinetic blur disabled

Game mode: MP host (i am admin, hosted on Gportal) - MAP 10KPREGEN

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

When i'am inside my base during the blood moon or when a screamer is near the base, zombies spawn inside the claim area and inside my pit (there is a drawbridge and the pit contains iron traps, no one can theoretically cross it)

_when I display the border of the claim, I can see the borders in play.
_when I try to put a claim block next to a trader, I can't (this test was requested in another forum post so I'll specify it here)

_"LandClaimSize" value are a odd number (it was also mentioned in the other post that an even value might not work)

Not all zombies spawn directly in the claim, and not all zombies, in fact it happens in the zombies spawn outside my field of vision, I explain: in the game, when there is the blood moon, the zombies first spawn to the WEST for example, until then everything goes well: the zombies spawn far in front of me, beyond my spawn zone and my pit. However, at some point in the night, the zombies approach from the opposite side, here in the east, and when they start to come from the EAST, they arrive in my back (and therefore managed to pass my pit or spawn in the claim). Once I go to the EAST side of my base (and the claim) the zombies are coming from well outside my base. I hope this is clear, feel free to ask me for any info needed.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Zombies spawn inside claim area

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Zombies are not supposed to spawn in a claim area

Logs :

Server side : http://pastebin.fr/100202

Client side : http://pastebin.fr/100204

Server config file : http://pastebin.fr/100205

indeed this is working as designed.

this is from the original revised concept for a17 and has been that way since.

"Land claims prevent sleeper re-spawn.
A claimed POI will never re-spawn sleepers.
Sleeper volumes are still allowed to BE spawned within a claim area. You must clear a volume to make the re-spawn blocking work."

the misconception grape vine has grown without the need for any water or fertilizer.

bedrolls and lcbs were only allowed to block "SLEEPERS" not other zombie spawns. however, when you do occupy a poi the biome spawn tends to check for player occupancy and should spawn zeds a little further away but not stop spawns. while you should not have any spawns inside your poi or base.. its not impossible (unless you missed some sleepers from poi sleeper volumes).

i found out the hard ways a couple alphas ago that a blood moon will ignore the rules as they can and sometimes will spawn inside your base perimeter walls (i never had them inside my base building (yet), but have had them in my compound)..

i have had them pop right in and start tearing down my walls on that note. so my blood moon base is always away from my base just so i dont get anything damaged.

i am sure it was improved on, but back in the day we used to have to remove the floors of pois and replace them with player built blocks to keep sleepers from spawning... then we made the bedrolls and lcbs better for that and not need to replace floor blocks.

------------------

last tid bit i forgot to mention... both lcb and bedroll state vs. sleepers (KEEP in mind.. blood moon and wandering hordes ARE NOT sleepers - they are spawned on event)

------------------

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Thank you very much to both of you for your answer, it is clearer for me now. It never happened to me because my previous bases was too small I think.

9 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Bloodmoon zombies can spawn within 30 meters from your lateral position.

there wouldn't be a way to change this value by any chance?

In a game where a crucial part of the gameplay consists of surviving hordes of zombies by fortifying a base, I really don't find it normal that zombies can spawn inside, do you?

3 minutes ago, IxeYgrek said:

there wouldn't be a way to change this value by any chance?

As far as I am aware, this is in the client code. It's not something you will be able to edit easily.

4 minutes ago, IxeYgrek said:

In a game where a crucial part of the gameplay consists of surviving hordes of zombies by fortifying a base, I really don't find it normal that zombies can spawn inside, do you?

Well I look at it this way. In a survival game with tower defense mechanics, you simply don't build a sprawling base for fighting from.  The default zone is 41x41 with the LCB in the center. I usually build my central base area no larger than 23x23, and then the outer area is for defense mechanics. Or I might have something large and nice, and then a separate base for fighting the horde from.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:08 PM, SylenThunder said:

Bloodmoon zombies can spawn within 30 meters from your lateral position. The direction they come from will change during the night.

I build an underground base and watch the only entrance to that base, at the top. To my surprise, some zombies are not spawning in a lateral position, they are spawning below me. Is it normal? If yes, I will play Alpha 19 forever.

PS: My base have is 13x13, and 20 blocks deeper. I tried use the LCB, but I know that its not to prevent blood moon hordes.

Some other way to do blood moon hordes spaws at ground level?

Thanks for while.