How to tell how much warmth modifiers are needed for snow biome?

Spatch

All my level 5 POIs are in the snow or wasteland biomes.  As such, to continue progressing I need to go to the snow biome to run them.  However, I get the red snowflake within 10 minutes or so of entering the snow biome.

I have every piece of warm gear and one mod on me and yet am still freezing.  What I'd like to be able to see is how much more do I need before I won't freeze?  I have a coat on with 15.3 cold resist, BDUs with 9.1 and 8.9 cold resist.  So what exactly do I need to stay warm?  Currently, the only way I can do it is to head to the biome and freeze to "check" if I have enough.

I only have the one insulated liner mod and have also noticed, at least in my playthrough, a lack of armor and clothing mods dropping.  Usually by day 25 previously, I'd have a complete set of gear that would keep me warm, but not this playthrough.

Coat for 15.3 sounds like a duster or a running jacket? You might be able to swap that for a Puffer coat for more.

If you want to replace BDU for a hoodie, hoodie can give 15

There's a woolly hat mod which gives a good amount.

If desperate, I think coffee gives some cold res, torches do too.

If you look at your character sheet, it should show how the temp "feels like." That's a combination of everything, I think 30-70 is the normal range (please check with the UI when you start freezing, might even be different units between us (F/C)) If you're below that, the change you need to achieve is just literally the difference to the bottom value.

A puffer coat, hoodie, and a skull cap should be all you need. Make sure you're not wearing short pants. 

I am wearing a leather duster, hoodie, skull cap mod, and BDU pants. I get along just fine in the polar biome until a blizzard starts and then I begin to get wet. 

When I go to the desert biome I substitute the cowboy hat mod for the skull cap mod. That's the only change I make.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)