Can’t load into actual game.

Sierra0331

So after the update I could not get a new game to load from the start menu. I wiped all data after the update so that’s not the issue. Finally got the game to work for two days, and made it to day 7 in game. Went to load game today and it goes to the screen that shows game tips, stays for awhile then hard crashes back to steam. Wiped all my data again and still getting the same result. I’m not even getting a crash report to figure out the reason. 

26 minutes ago, Sierra0331 said:

Where would I find the log file?

you can browse the install directory via steam to get to where you need to be unless you know where it is and obviously you dont know seeings how you are asking here. :)

bandicam 2021-12-24 19-21-09-701.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-24 19-15-14-552.jpg

also... dont worry that mine shows 7 days to die (testing_trunk)

:)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Your log has no errors, the game didn’t even try to shutdown itself, the log just stopped. I’ll wait for others to chime in but this is usually from a hardware issue, not the game itself. If you are a little computer savy, you can see if there are any errors in Windows Event Viewer. It doesn’t always point to hardware problems but it can sometimes so worth looking at. There are several free programs out there to check various parts of your machine: Memtest for ram, Prime95 for cpu and Furmark for videocard. If any of those programs crash or you get errors then that’s where your problem lies.

10 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Your log has no errors, the game didn’t even try to shutdown itself, the log just stopped. I’ll wait for others to chime in but this is usually from a hardware issue, not the game itself. If you are a little computer savy, you can see if there are any errors in Windows Event Viewer. It doesn’t always point to hardware problems but it can sometimes so worth looking at. There are several free programs out there to check various parts of your machine: Memtest for ram, Prime95 for cpu and Furmark for videocard. If any of those programs crash or you get errors then that’s where your problem lies.

According to windows 7 days stopped interacting with windows and was closed. Hang type unknown.