Move from A20 Experimental to A20 b238 stable, game no longer loads

Hazzie

I moved off experimental to b238 stable and not i get the following error when i run the game

An Error Occurred while updating 7 Days to Die (missing executable)

"D:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\7dLauncher.exe"

I have tried verifying the game files integrity and it comes back as showing no errors (if its missing an exe how can this be?). The file is defiantly not in the folder mentioned and i cannot find a copy of it on my pc.

I tried moving 2 files out of the root dir (serveradmin.xml and serverconfig.xml as i dont run a server) and then re-ran the verify game integrity option and it pulled them down.

So it seems steam doesnt know about 7dLauncher.exe to pull down but requires it to run.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this file that hopefully doesnt involve a re-install or have seen this issue before?

On 12/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, Hazzie said:

I moved off experimental to b238 stable and not i get the following error when i run the game

An Error Occurred while updating 7 Days to Die (missing executable)

"D:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\7dLauncher.exe"

I have tried verifying the game files integrity and it comes back as showing no errors (if its missing an exe how can this be?). The file is defiantly not in the folder mentioned and i cannot find a copy of it on my pc.

I tried moving 2 files out of the root dir (serveradmin.xml and serverconfig.xml as i dont run a server) and then re-ran the verify game integrity option and it pulled them down.

So it seems steam doesnt know about 7dLauncher.exe to pull down but requires it to run.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this file that hopefully doesnt involve a re-install or have seen this issue before?

If you used the search function on your pc and it wasn’t found and verifying files didn’t help, I’m afraid cleaning, then uninstall/reinstall is your only option.