the combat music

DominionZA

Is it me, or am I not hearing the intense version of the dynamic combat music anymore? There would be high pitched drones playing in rhythm along with the drums if you encountered a very large amount of zombies, but all I'm hearing in A20 now is the bare drums playing. Did they remove some pieces? I'm on day 41 now and never heard it. In Alpha 19 it used to be there.

It's a minor detail I noticed, though I liked it as it added more suspense to the game and I enjoy a variation in music rather than hearing the same drums over and over bashing again.

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)

On 12/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, JCrook1028 said:

People actually leave the music on in this game?

Yeah, some music can be a headache and I hope they make it modable. I let it turned on for the combat music because I like fighting under intense music.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, Krougal said:

I coulda swore it still played, I used to enjoy that but the new A20 outside combat music got very annoying very quickly and it seems to be constant so I turned it off.

It got very dull in A20. I'm on day 51 and have been hearing the same drums over and over again they're echoing in my head, no matter the zombie count. Start to believe they removed the pitched drones from the track. The new bloodmoon track is eh in my opinion, not really energetic and weak of a punch. It's the same drums just in a different sound and pace.

I liked the old system better where it would play the intense track with the pitched drones and drums together. It was much more intense and had cool sound effects kicking in to blow the track more up.

Now this is what I call a good combat music. Don't know why they removed it and made the solo drums constant instead.

Can we mod the old piece back into A20?

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)