(A20) AutoBots - Automated Mining and Ammunition Making Bots (Revisited)

arramus

On 9/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, arramus said:

I have not seen a mod for collecting wood. It is possible to add resourceWood to the automated mining bot as there are a few slots remaining in the menu list.

After resourcePotassiumNitratePowder entry ending at Line 24.

3000 Wood for 1000 gas, or change as needed. Could mine diamonds or anything in this way.

<recipe name="resourceWood" count="3000" craft_area="AutomatedMining" craft_time="3600" tags="automatedmining" craft_tool="toolBellows">
			<ingredient name="ammoGasCan" count="1000"/>
		</recipe>

Rather than add this into the current miners I'd like to have a stand alone unit that looks like a woodcutter, a saw or anything like this, is it much work to create a mod like this?

9 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

Rather than add this into the current miners I'd like to have a stand alone unit that looks like a woodcutter, a saw or anything like this, is it much work to create a mod like this?

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Crafting/table_sawPrefab"/>

The table saw still exists as a Prefab and copy/pasting existing properties and then customising to match your needs is something your community should be very comfortable with based on the weapon upgrades and customisations.

• 1 month later...

I will start by saying that I am using this with the Darkness Falls Mod.  I can make the auto mining bot, however, it only allows for me to place an anvil and a tool & die set.  It states that it needs a crucible, but there is no place for it or advanced bellows.  Also, the Auto Ammo Bot is a separate item only allows the same tools.  I have downloaded this mod twice and it comes out the same.  Thanks for any help you might offer.  

This will require amending this mod to match the Darkness Falls environment since it is an overhaul and greatly amends the base files.

As a prerequisite to making any suggestions, can you visit the Darkness Falls Mod thread and request permission to patch this mod for Darkness Falls as a courtesy.

Damn it, I just ran into the same problem as Slaine, hopefully this'll be patched in the future was such a bummer to run into this!
I've also noticed that even with the anvil in it (which would've worked as it still mentions it to be the requirement for Iron and something else, it still said I didn't have the required materials..)

• 2 months later...

The Junk Sledge is a combination of item for the handheld version and Entity when it is placed.
The model/meshfile could potentially be added to a custom block. Its function is limited to Class.
Good to post this in the general modding requests/discussion area as it is outside the scope of this mod.