Random Gen on A20 server doesn't seem to be working?

mk2345

Hi All,

I was running a A19 server on a dedicated Linux server which had always worked well.

When A20 came out I performed a clean install of Linux on the server, and installed the A20 experimental sever using LinuxGSM and setting the branch to latest_experimental.

So far so good.. However, when I enter RWG in the config file and start the server the memory usage slowly creeps to 100%, and then the entire server crashes.

The server has 8GB of memory, which should be plenty.

Any ideas? Is Random Gen broken on A20 (linux) servers? When I use Navezgane the server works fine.

Regards,

Max

Edited by mk2345 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mk2345 said:

Hi All,

I was running a A19 server on a dedicated Linux server which had always worked well.

When A20 came out I performed a clean install of Linux on the server, and installed the A20 experimental sever using LinuxGSM and setting the branch to latest_experimental.

So far so good.. However, when I enter RWG in the config file and start the server the memory usage slowly creeps to 100%, and then the entire server crashes.

The server has 8GB of memory, which should be plenty.

Any ideas? Is Random Gen broken on A20 (linux) servers? When I use Navezgane the server works fine.

Regards,

Max

If your memory usage is hitting 100%, then you don't have enough ram. Try generating a smaller world if you can't upgrade it to 16GB.

Navezgane uses significantly less ram.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:59 AM, mk2345 said:

Any ideas?

Increase your swapfile from 2Gb to 8 Gb. It's a known issue that the linux server is using all the ram when generating a map. The temporary solution is to generate a map elsewhere and copy it to the server, or use a pregen map. As an example, on my test linux server with 20 Gb of ram, generating a 10k world took 20 Gb of ram and 6 Gb of swap. b(218)