Dedicated server won't generate world: Error starting dedicated server: GameWorld "VomitingSpleens" not found!

zootal

Linux Slackware 14.2+ 5.15.0 kernel.

32GB ram

133G available hard drive space on SSD

Nothing else is running on the server.

Initial startup of server. Intent is to have it generate the world because it does not yet exist. But instead of generating the world, it immediately spits this into the log and terminates:

2021-12-07T19:17:33 3.909 ERR ======================================================
2021-12-07T19:17:33 3.909 ERR Error starting dedicated server: GameWorld "VomitingSpleens" not found!
2021-12-07T19:17:33 3.909 ERR ======================================================
2021-12-07T19:17:33 3.955 INF Terminating threads
2021-12-07T19:17:33 3.956 INF OnApplicationQuit

I've done this dozens of  times with A19, I know how to set serverconfig.xml, and I know how to get an A19 server to generate a world. Is there something different we need to do with A20 to get a dedicated server to generate a world when the world does not exist? I can post logs and serverconfig.xml if necessary, but thought I'd ask first.

PS Yes I wiped everything. This server is a clean download into an empty directory

PSS VomitingSpleens is the name of my server:

<property name="GameWorld"            value="VomitingSpleens"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed"       value="VomitingSpleens"/>

13 minutes ago, zootal said:

<property name="GameWorld"            value="VomitingSpleens"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed"       value="VomitingSpleens"/>

That setting for "GameWorld" will look in your data/worlds directory for a folder named "VomitingSpleens". Since the folder doesn't exist, the log tells you that.

If you want to generate a new RWG world, then set "GameWorld" to "RWG".

FWIW, if you already have a world template under GeneratedWorlds, you can use that instead of RWG. You only need RWG if the world template does not exist and you want the server to generate the template and subsequently the world. See my post on A19 vs A20 dedicated server (which I'm still working on and will have up in a bit).