Some ideas and things which were good in the past

Fair Player [PL]

Considering terrain modelling, prefabs, RWG, graphic, the game goes in good direction but always is something to correct.

First off all what I notice since long time is simplifying the game for player (items holding, amount of items etc.)

Ok, let's start

1. Reduce gun/ammo looting amount or just add slider in menu which will allow to adjust amount of guns and ammo random spawned/looted/quested/bought in the world. In my and my friends opinion farther 7dtd goes, it is easier to get gun and ammo, so we are going into Call Of Duty Apocalypse world what is not nice.

2. Bring back gun parts and 600 points item durability like it was in the past. It was nice when you assembly gun from different HP parts then you obtain cumulative gun durability

3. Bring back molds and crafting gun parts in forge like it was in the past but crafted gun part will have max 1lvl of durability or 100 counted in old 600 points HP of item durability

4. Bring back different types of wood harvested from the world like it was in A~7? Now from destroyed, low quality of wood from burnt forest or random wood stick founded on the ground we can craft elegant stairs and other furnitures what is not real.

5. Remove item handling simplifications for players like "shapeBlocks". We are falling down into Fortnite level of mind, where from one item you can build a lot by just changing shape or type of object. Players are not forced to THINK about what do I need to build something 2km out of our base, what should I take, calculate amount of blocks, types of shape and kind of materials needed. Now everything what you need is one, two, or three "ShapeBlocks" :(. Also huge amount of items force on players to THINK even more. When we have had all ramps, arches, full blocks frame, half, quarter, parts of the roof, molds and teens of other materials we had to build additional cupboards, furnitures etc. to organize this mess. Many players form my server say: "cleaning up and organizing mess of items in the base, was the most pleasure duty to do at night time".

6. Bring back wooden sticks and meals prepared on stick, like meat/rabbit on stick etc what we had in the past :). More recipes and possibilities = more fun.

7. Don't listen to the younger generation of people (kids) :) . Most of them are lazy, don't like to think, and like to have everything as simple as possible, preferably with one click (like "ShapeBlocks" and building the base with them). I know something about it because I'm a teacher too, heh. A difficult game, is the good game, and the more difficult it is, the more addictive it will be. :)

8. Remember about modders and try to make xml files clean and bright to make easier to tweak things. Mods are keeping bigger player database, because some of players like more possibilities and some likes Fortnite or Rust :D. Recently you renamed and removed a lot of blocks from blocks.xml what causes that changing recipes, adding new and making the game more complicated is impossible or really hard. Many of recipes will not be able to make again due to non-existing objects in blocks.xml.

I think that is all and I hope new A21 will be much better. :)

Greetings

Thinking Fair ;)

2 hours ago, Fair Player [PL] said:

Considering terrain modelling, prefabs, RWG, graphic, the game goes in good direction but always is something to correct.

First off all what I notice since long time is simplifying the game for player (items holding, amount of items etc.)

Ok, let's start

1. Reduce gun/ammo looting amount or just add slider in menu which will allow to adjust amount of guns and ammo random spawned/looted/quested/bought in the world. In my and my friends opinion farther 7dtd goes, it is easier to get gun and ammo, so we are going into Call Of Duty Apocalypse world what is not nice.

2. Bring back gun parts and 600 points item durability like it was in the past. It was nice when you assembly gun from different HP parts then you obtain cumulative gun durability

3. Bring back molds and crafting gun parts in forge like it was in the past but crafted gun part will have max 1lvl of durability or 100 counted in old 600 points HP of item durability

4. Bring back different types of wood harvested from the world like it was in A~7? Now from destroyed, low quality of wood from burnt forest or random wood stick founded on the ground we can craft elegant stairs and other furnitures what is not real.

5. Remove item handling simplifications for players like "shapeBlocks". We are falling down into Fortnite level of mind, where from one item you can build a lot by just changing shape or type of object. Players are not forced to THINK about what do I need to build something 2km out of our base, what should I take, calculate amount of blocks, types of shape and kind of materials needed. Now everything what you need is one, two, or three "ShapeBlocks" :(. Also huge amount of items force on players to THINK even more. When we have had all ramps, arches, full blocks frame, half, quarter, parts of the roof, molds and teens of other materials we had to build additional cupboards, furnitures etc. to organize this mess. Many players form my server say: "cleaning up and organizing mess of items in the base, was the most pleasure duty to do at night time".

6. Bring back wooden sticks and meals prepared on stick, like meat/rabbit on stick etc what we had in the past :). More recipes and possibilities = more fun.

7. Don't listen to the younger generation of people (kids) :) . Most of them are lazy, don't like to think, and like to have everything as simple as possible, preferably with one click (like "ShapeBlocks" and building the base with them). I know something about it because I'm a teacher too, heh. A difficult game, is the good game, and the more difficult it is, the more addictive it will be. :)

8. Remember about modders and try to make xml files clean and bright to make easier to tweak things. Mods are keeping bigger player database, because some of players like more possibilities and some likes Fortnite or Rust :D. Recently you renamed and removed a lot of blocks from blocks.xml what causes that changing recipes, adding new and making the game more complicated is impossible or really hard. Many of recipes will not be able to make again due to non-existing objects in blocks.xml.

I think that is all and I hope new A21 will be much better. :)

Greetings

Thinking Fair ;)

I can only comment on the blocks and the Shape Menu, you'd have to scroll through 1000+ recipes in the crafting menu and the Shape Menu was made to not have that problem. The sawmill was okay for earlier versions, but having to go to multiple stations to fix a POI? No thank you, there's better stuff to do like hunt dire wolves and make sure I can stay alive.

Having to craft multiple blocks at different stations is just pointless and makes it's more difficult for people that are already builders, for no reason.

As for your last statement about modlets and xmls.. you should go ahead and create a mod that allows certain shapes to use the sawmill, you can easily take code from the sawmill, change the recipe to it if you'd like, and gate whatever recipes you want to yourself. That's the fun of modding!

As for the rest, I personally don't care if it re-implemented or not. If it does, that would be cool and add more stuff to pay attention to, otherwise the game is also fine as it is

19 hours ago, Fair Player [PL] said:

The decided to "keep" high number of ammo and guns to balance skill tree

If i good remember they don't want to keep this because "mixing" weaker tools allows you to make better tools and weapons very fast + skills tree

Most of the players are focused to create simple but practical bases + it quiet easier for RWG 

Well most of asian top players in many games are 20 +- so they are not lazy :)  and not rly difficult game = addictive game. Like- you can play in minecraft and spend 1000+ because mods and is more addictive that delta ops

1. I agree I preferred scarcity of ammo and focus on being able to craft it down the road... but I do also agree with he change to make Pipe weapons and with Skill trees as they are, you really need to have this available --- One alternative could be that, much like the blunderbuss, makeshift ammo for all Pipe weapons and low-tier is what you can craft/find materials easier (like firing nails from the Pipe SMG, or 'junk ammo' for the Pipe Shotgun), where as proper "bullets" are much less common until later loot stages and high tier POIs and such.

2/3. I also loved this... if we could have both Modifications, and gun parts would be great but I feel like they interfere, and the modification/attachment system is probably of more gameplay value IMO... but more in depth gun maintenance and crafting would certainly be appreciated on my part, but not at the cost of game performance

4/5. I don't mind this either, again to isolate 'Tiers' but I think this simplifcation into "Wood units" (as opposed to like "Logs vs. twigs") was wise to take out some tedium and database usage ... while less 'immersive' not everyone enjoys the extra 2-3 layers of raw material crafting when they already know what they want to build and don't want to lose hours on it.

This also goes into your point 5. where TFP have spend a ton of time freeing up database size and optimizing the game overall -- game likes Empyrion do the 'shapes' thing well and while yes it seems odd it saves SO much room for other goodies to put in the game and less tedium of (like the other fellow said) 1000+ different unique blocks and IDs to sort through for each shape ... in the long-run I think this is the right call, but I do agree it takes a bit of the 'realism/planning' out of things that (as an engineer) I did enjoy in my own way haha.

6. Yes, why not! More recipes = more fun (as long as they provide something unique tot he gameplay and not just act as 'filler')

7. This one pains me the most to say... but the 'Younger generation' is how TFP can keep doing what they do. They are new, untapped customers and $$ income for the game enmas so sadly if they want to keep doing Free updates for us (which they have been since 2013), someone still has to pay for it, and it has to at least make SOME business sense to jsutify the hours the whole team puts into the game -- PS: they do let us Rollback to old Alphas technically in Steam (in the Betas section of game options) , so to be fair we 'can' go back (to Alpha 8.8?) and play our preferred version if we so choose (just not public online most likely if that was ever your thing, and lacking newer updates that maybe you DO like and want to keep, like HD models and such)

I will also argue that by simplifying Shapes, this doesn't imply 'laziness'... if you've played Empyreon, or, space engineers, there is still a TON of thoughts to consider to laying out the right base, with right angle (for visibility/shooting) and right amount of stability (structures do collapse and have different load bearings based on shape i think?) ... who while "planning" is easier ("I am making a 200pc wood fort") the design element doesn't go anywhere, it's just more convenient to tweak your design on the fly if you made an oops, or need a change. (don't need to scrap old part, find the "one of 1000" of the 'right' part then recraft it)

Why spend more time crafting when you can spend more time designing/building? At least for the base building aspect, it's a gameplay convenience that lets you spend time on the 'fun' part... I'm not sure how much fun being meticulous and literally having to write, or pre-draw on paper all the parts you need for a simple base to survive in. (I think the system also speed sup Dev time and modders time to make POI dramatically because it cab be done on the fly without sorting through hundreds of parts to plug in)