Pocket Crafting??

Spenner

Hi Guys,

It seems that in the new A20 I can craft just about anything in my pocket, well I've not got too far in to check Steel Tools etc. but I can craft Iron tools in my pocket and Gun Powder without a Chem bench. Sure this is not supposed to be the case. Also I no longer need an Anvil in the Forge to craft Nails, Forged Iron etc. 

Thanks

Nick

No need for any additional information, you can now craft iron tools in your pockets apparently.  Checked the data file and workbench is not in there as the crafting area.  Not sure if this is intentional or was a mistake. Checked Alpha19 files and you didn't need the bench there either to craft iron tools (I always used the bench because of the long build times so I didn't think anything of it).

Steel tools do require the workbench though

Iron tools

<recipe name="meleeToolShovelT1IronShovel" count="1" tags="learnable,perkMiner69r">

Steel tools

<recipe name="meleeToolShovelT2SteelShovel" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,perkMiner69r">

Also some other notes:

Nails and Forged iron don't require the anvil to make, it just reduces crafting time now

you can craft gunpowder in your pocket crafting, but requires double the resources to do it

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)