Alive NPCs to save & the ability to give them homes in your base

Rackneh

As if that idea worked well in Fallout 4. Remember how much time Bethesda put into that feature and what meagre repetitive gameplay came out of it.

Now you didn't say, maybe you played FO4 and liked it exactly for that. Many people consider FO3 as the better version because it had more handcrafted content and less shallow grind.

Ok, that was just my opinion, something else is more likely to prevent the implementation of this idea: This game is on the last leg of EarlyAccess and TFP wants to finish the game as soon as possible. So the chance to add development of a new extensive features to the already full schedule is practically nil. But we don't know what they want to add with the bandits and the factions story. Maybe if you ally with one of the two factions you get to protect bases of that faction

26 minutes ago, meganoth said:

As if that idea worked well in Fallout 4. Remember how much time Bethesda put into that feature and what meagre repetitive gameplay came out of it.

Sim Settlements really up the gameplay for Fallout 4 in terms of communities.  It is possible, but it takes a lot of work which is something that TFP shouldn't focus on as part of a side project.  I also don't think 7D2D has the underlying structure right now to pull something like this off.

24 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Now you didn't say, maybe you played FO4 and liked it exactly for that. Many people consider FO3 as the better version because it had more handcrafted content and less shallow grind.

Ok, that was just my opinion, something else is more likely to prevent the implementation of this idea: This game is on the last leg of EarlyAccess and TFP wants to finish the game as soon as possible. So the chance to add development of a new extensive features to the already full schedule is practically nil. But we don't know what they want to add with the bandits and the factions story. Maybe if you ally with one of the two factions you get to protect bases of that faction

Just because it didn't work for you in fallout does not take away that it would be a fun addition to others.
It could be a mission where you pick up an item that represents the surviving npcs and you can 'place' them into their home.

I can understand if they're close to full release that they wouldn't want to start working on a whole new system but atleast give modders the needed resources/tools to create things like this post-release, it's only a plus if the community can add intricate things.
I don't see why you'd want to prevent the implementation of ideas, especially for things that would be optional.

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

Sim Settlements really up the gameplay for Fallout 4 in terms of communities.  It is possible, but it takes a lot of work which is something that TFP shouldn't focus on as part of a side project.  I also don't think 7D2D has the underlying structure right now to pull something like this off.

That's a fair point, I hope they do release more tools for more in-depth mods.

34 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Well i agree with you. Only npc to save would be a quest like - someone is locked in room so you must talk with this person and then go back to trader.

Btw well i hope we will info about their new game on hallowen

4 minutes ago, Rackneh said:

Just because it didn't work for you in fallout does not take away that it would be a fun addition to others.
It could be a mission where you pick up an item that represents the surviving npcs and you can 'place' them into their home.

I can understand if they're close to full release that they wouldn't want to start working on a whole new system but atleast give modders the needed resources/tools to create things like this post-release, it's only a plus if the community can add intricate things.
I don't see why you'd want to prevent the implementation of ideas, especially for things that would be optional.

That's a fair point, I hope they do release more tools for more in-depth mods.

Well we will get  tools so don't worry. @meganoth doesn't prevent your idea just he is realistic- it's too late to add something like that. So small ideas like - new prop or zombie model sound more realistic that new system

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well we will get  tools so don't worry. @meganoth doesn't prevent your idea just he is realistic- it's too late to add something like that. So small ideas like - new prop or zombie model sound more realistic that new system

Ayye that's great to hear! 

Yeah I read "something else is more likely to prevent the implementation of this idea" as it was something he would not want, that's my bad.
Sometimes I gotta read twice before I post, something I'm working on.