Zombie Dogs on South Mufiko County!! Help!

sonjingohan

6 hours ago, sonjingohan said:

Hay I got a question... If I download mods, and people join the game will the have them, Like if I join a server I get all the mods the server has, meaning when I start a game, and people join me, I would be the server. Does it work that way?

Yes, it works that way, however take a look at my big fat

BUT

...not all mods work that way. Any mods which only change XML* will be automatically downloaded to your friends' machines**. Some of the more advanced mods add assets to the game (like new zombie types or new POIs) and often these will need to be downloaded separately. The description of the mod should explain how it will work in a server/client game.

For example, I run a handful of mods of my own design, plus Creature Pack (new zombies, NPCs, and weird critters) and CompoPack (new POIs). My co-op playing partner had to download Creature Pack and CompoPack himself, but all my little modlets downloaded automatically.

*or the 'localization.txt' file

**what actually happens is the modified XML gets downloaded to their machines, not really the mods themselves

On 8/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, BFT2020 said:

I used Nexus Mods a lot to download for my games.  Boidster is correct.  If the mod has a lot of traffic, you can read the comments and bugs section.  If there are issues with the mod (safe or buggy), you will see feedback there.  Any new mods, I won't download until it has been tested by a lot of others; unless the mod is from a creator I trust.

Nexus Mods was hacked in the past, but they informed everyone right away and forced everyone to change their login information.  They also have strengthen their login process.  However, they can still be hacked or nefarious people can create an account to try to get people to download malware, but that is true on any website nowadays.  Hell, we saw what happened with Equifax and their hacked data.

Using those as an example.

O I know. I was just weirded out because if you have every been to [Not supporting>{putlocker, 123 movies, and other}<Not supporting] free site, they have that same thing. After you click the download, and it has 2 choses. 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, Boidster said:

Yes, it works that way, however take a look at my big fat

BUT

...not all mods work that way. Any mods which only change XML* will be automatically downloaded to your friends' machines**. Some of the more advanced mods add assets to the game (like new zombie types or new POIs) and often these will need to be downloaded separately. The description of the mod should explain how it will work in a server/client game.

For example, I run a handful of mods of my own design, plus Creature Pack (new zombies, NPCs, and weird critters) and CompoPack (new POIs). My co-op playing partner had to download Creature Pack and CompoPack himself, but all my little modlets downloaded automatically.

*or the 'localization.txt' file

**what actually happens is the modified XML gets downloaded to their machines, not really the mods themselves

Hay, let me look at your mods, link them if you want. I want mods to make the game more real life like. Ty for all your help, and explaining things to me. What is the difference between mods, and modlets? You don't have to answer. I know I am being annoying; but I love trying to learn new things.

1 hour ago, sonjingohan said:

What is the difference between mods, and modlets? You don't have to answer. I know I am being annoying; but I love trying to learn new things.

Mods change the code directly. Modlets use an intermediate utility called Xpath that edits xml files when the game loads up for that game but does not permanently change the files. Mods tend to change more than xml files and tend to more completely overhaul the game. Modlets are like small tweaks that for the most part work well with each other (or can be pretty easily altered to work well with each other).

In the end, they both do the same thing-- change the game from the default vanilla settings to something different. For both you will be following the directions the author has provided to get them to work. Modlets are easiest as you just copy the modlet folder into your mods folder and you are set.

The mod launcher by sphereii can get you going with either mods or modlets quite painlessly as it does all the setup work for you automatically. It is highly recommended.

12 hours ago, sonjingohan said:

Hay, let me look at your mods, link them if you want. I want mods to make the game more real life like.

Just search for "Boid's" in Nexus and you'll find them. Mostly they are tiny modlets (small XML changes) created in response to someone on this forum asking for a particular behavior change. I don't know if any of them really qualify as "more real life like". Maybe "Boid's Pour One Out" kinda does.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:27 PM, Boidster said:

Just search for "Boid's" in Nexus and you'll find them. Mostly they are tiny modlets (small XML changes) created in response to someone on this forum asking for a particular behavior change. I don't know if any of them really qualify as "more real life like". Maybe "Boid's Pour One Out" kinda does.

"Boid's Pour One Out" This is what I need to look up??

On 8/12/2021 at 1:11 AM, Roland said:

Mods change the code directly. Modlets use an intermediate utility called Xpath that edits xml files when the game loads up for that game but does not permanently change the files. Mods tend to change more than xml files and tend to more completely overhaul the game. Modlets are like small tweaks that for the most part work well with each other (or can be pretty easily altered to work well with each other).

In the end, they both do the same thing-- change the game from the default vanilla settings to something different. For both you will be following the directions the author has provided to get them to work. Modlets are easiest as you just copy the modlet folder into your mods folder and you are set.

The mod launcher by sphereii can get you going with either mods or modlets quite painlessly as it does all the setup work for you automatically. It is highly recommended.

OK, so what If one doesn't work, how would I fix it? Where can I get this, and will it work with 7DTD mod launcher?

5 hours ago, sonjingohan said:

"Boid's Pour One Out" This is what I need to look up??

Sorry, what I meant was that all of my own little modlets in Nexus start with "Boid's", so there is "Boid's Pour One Out" and "Boid's Infinite Horde" and so on. If you search for just "Boid's" I would think Nexus would show you all of them.