Is there a way to easily fill and level terrain?

jnelsoninjax

On 8/7/2021 at 5:22 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, I found the tools, but the option for Clear Selection and Fill Selection are greyed out.

This is expected. In the video Vedui even petitions TFP to please put those options back. The XML change only gets you access to the "Rnd Decorate Sel" button, which is a little more work but accomplishes the same task. Choose your block in hotbar (or no block if you're deleting terrain) and repeatedly press the random decorate button until the area you selected is filled/empty. Note that this is a more exact method than the Dev Terrain Add/Remove tools.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, Darthjake said:

after you hit "U" type in Dev for search and go to the Dev Blocks on Tab, you'll see 748 Dev: Terrain Remove Tool and 749 Dev: Terrain Add Tool

This is a different thing from what Vedui's video (and the XML edit) is referencing. It can be used to level terrain, but it's probably better used to fill huge holes or just terraform an area. And it only works on terrain; the Rnd Decorate Sel button will add/remove any block type (but only in rectangular shapes - the dev tool can create nice smooth grades/pits).

Just now, Boidster said:

This is expected. In the video Vedui even petitions TFP to please put those options back. The XML change only gets you access to the "Rnd Decorate Sel" button, which is a little more work but accomplishes the same task. Choose your block in hotbar (or no block if you're deleting terrain) and repeatedly press the random decorate button until the area you selected is filled/empty. Note that this is a more exact method than the Dev Terrain Add/Remove tools.

This is a different thing from what Vedui's video (and the XML edit) is referencing. It can be used to level terrain, but it's probably better used to fill huge holes or just terraform an area. And it only works on terrain; the Rnd Decorate Sel button will add/remove any block type (but only in rectangular shapes - the dev tool can create nice smooth grades/pits).

So in order for the random button to work, I must select a block first? I will have to try that and see, because as of right now it too is greyed out.

6 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

So in order for the random button to work, I must select a block first? I will have to try that and see, because as of right now it too is greyed out.

Hmm...something's up with the XML change I think. If an empty hotbar button is selected, it should still be enabled and it will "randomly decorate" your selection with air blocks. So to flatten bumpy terrain you'd select a 1-block high area on the ground and randomly decorate it with air until the entire area was flattened.

34 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I just made @Vedui's change in 19.3 and it's also still greyed out for me. I'm going to do some investigating - probably there's another XUi change that needs to be made now. Or maybe TFP is seriously NO U CANT HAZ NOT YOURS on those buttons.

Never mind! You just have to have a selection defined, DUH. Once I make a selection (press 'z' at one corner then 'z' again at the other corner of your 3-D selection), the button is active.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)