Mod / Loading error

Sugarfree

Hello - 

I have a question about mods to 7 Days To Die A19.6

So I have a ton of mods in my solo game and I told my friend to join my game. So I had him grab all the mods that I'm using in MY game so he could copy them, over to HIS game in the Mods folder. Then he loaded the game and got THIS error, repeating forever:

Exception: Duplicate lootlist entry with entry id 355

ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed

So then he started his own solo game and I tried to join him and got the same errors on my side.

So why do the mods work perfectly in my solo game, and they work perfectly in his solo game, but when we try to join each other's game - we get those errors...

I don't know how to submit a screenshot/image here.
Please assist?

Thanks!

I don’t know the answer, but I’m guessing it does occur when in solo, just doesn’t pop up while in game but pops up when the game loads?

my guess is that if you posted your solo game log file the error would be in there, but an option would be to Try starting up your solo game with the mods. As soon as you choose the game and “start” it, where you get the screen where it’s giving you game tips while it loads, hit F1 and the console will pop up. You might see the same error in red or yellow occur. 

Sounds like something is mismatched between your game and their game. 

First, everything is fine when either of you run a solo game.  That means the mods loaded in correctly (assuming you are not getting any errors and just missing them when reporting out the issue).

Then when you try to join their game, you get the errors.  When they join your game, they get the errors.  In each case, the host server is expecting a specific version of each file to be loaded.  When the other client joins in, it doesn't have it so it starts to get the error messages.

However, this is all speculation as we don't have the log files of both computers to look at.

Information on how to report errors, should help you in this case

This is from the General Support subforum, but best to continue in this area as that is more an area for vanilla issues and not mod specific issues

13 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I don’t know the answer, but I’m guessing it does occur when in solo, just doesn’t pop up while in game but pops up when the game loads?

my guess is that if you posted your solo game log file the error would be in there, but an option would be to Try starting up your solo game with the mods. As soon as you choose the game and “start” it, where you get the screen where it’s giving you game tips while it loads, hit F1 and the console will pop up. You might see the same error in red or yellow occur. 

No it doesn't - I run F1 always when loading so I see the logs as the game starts up. It ONLY happens when trying to join...

28 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Sounds like something is mismatched between your game and their game. 

First, everything is fine when either of you run a solo game.  That means the mods loaded in correctly (assuming you are not getting any errors and just missing them when reporting out the issue).

Then when you try to join their game, you get the errors.  When they join your game, they get the errors.  In each case, the host server is expecting a specific version of each file to be loaded.  When the other client joins in, it doesn't have it so it starts to get the error messages.

However, this is all speculation as we don't have the log files of both computers to look at.

Information on how to report errors, should help you in this case

This is from the General Support subforum, but best to continue in this area as that is more an area for vanilla issues and not mod specific issues

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I figured since it was coming from my computer - maybe something somewhere in the files/folder just isn't translating right... I told him the best thing to do was to download the mods I have - from the mod site directly and install them because that takes my files/folders out of the equation completely...

But the error logs - are exactly the same. I took a screenshot of both and they are identical entries exactly. I also tried to find the Entry ID 355 and see what that was but I can't find it anywhere. I did find a Entry ID list - but it was grossly incomplete so whatever it is - is probably on that list but not labeled.

So I dunno...  Does anyone actually play modded games together or do people only play unmodded games?

How many mods are you playing with?

Something you can do is to do it in steps.

First, setup and join just in a vanilla game.  Make sure it works vanilla.

Then each of you install and load up one mod, join the game and see what happens.  If you have a small amount of mods, should not be painful to do this.  Eventually you will find your culprit.  If you are using a ton of mods, then best would be to get the logs, put them in pastebin, and post them here so others like us can look them over to determine where your issue is probably at.