Ideas for 7 Days to Die

tjparra

Me and my friends have found 7 Days to Die to be a really fun game to play together. We really enjoy playing the game, and we would love to see the game progress in its own style of hacking and slashing until you can't anymore. Sadly, this game tends to get a little boring after a while and this really irks me because this game has a lot of potential to be great in its own way. To possibly help combat this issue, me and my friends have come to put together some ideas that would make the game more interesting and definitely more fun. These ideas are: 

Excalibur - Artifact with special effects obtained rarely and randomly from breaking rocks. This is just 1 example of another artifact you can add to the game.

Factions - Factions that you hear of are now interactable with and found randomly across the map. These factions will be hostile but possibly can gain 
trust with you by completing their challenges but you can only be allied with 1 faction.

Zombie limit - Zombies kills are counted throughout the day and if this number reaches a certain limit, a "Special/Boss" type of zombie will give you a visit.

Progression over days system - After days pass, instead of only the hordes you have to worry about, you also have to fear other scenarios too. For example, after day 
20 you will see zombies with special effects (Something similar is already in the game). Further on, after day 50, Factions not allied with will send out small raid parties to
kill you and steal your loot.

Special Trader Quests - The trader (and factions too), once reputation is maxed out (or for the factions sake, once allied with), can now offer special quests which require
unusual tactics to complete. These quests will reward the player special items.

Research! - You can now research items in the game. For example, you can skin the corpse of a zombie and gain its arm as an item in your inventory to research. After
researching its entire body, you gain both lore about the zombie apocalypse and a schematic for a special suit made of zombie parts that allow you to blend in easier with zombies to 
complete special trades quests (But, it SLOWLY effects you the more you wear it)

Special Events - (example of special event) A UFO crashes into your world, changing the surrounding area. In this area, different types of enemies with unusual effects spawn
 (For example, zombie with 10% of normal zombie damage but 400% normal health and immunity to negative effects) Once you get near this area, you get a side quest called 

"Explore UFO Crash Site" This quest will point you in the right direction of the UFO crash since you were already near it and guide you through the steps in exploring it. 
As you explore it, certain things can be found such as items, pictures, notes, and most importantly, gear (Most of these items can only be found in UFOs, or possibly 
recreated with research!).

While I wholeheartedly believe there are more ideas, these are just some of the ones we came up with and would love to see implemented into the game in some sort of way. I would love to hear feedback on these ideas, and if they are possible to create within this game.

5 hours ago, tjparra said:

Me and my friends have found 7 Days to Die to be a really fun game to play together. We really enjoy playing the game, and we would love to see the game progress in its own style of hacking and slashing until you can't anymore. Sadly, this game tends to get a little boring after a while and this really irks me because this game has a lot of potential to be great in its own way. To possibly help combat this issue, me and my friends have come to put together some ideas that would make the game more interesting and definitely more fun. These ideas are: 

Excalibur - Artifact with special effects obtained rarely and randomly from breaking rocks. This is just 1 example of another artifact you can add to the game.

Factions - Factions that you hear of are now interactable with and found randomly across the map. These factions will be hostile but possibly can gain 
trust with you by completing their challenges but you can only be allied with 1 faction.

Zombie limit - Zombies kills are counted throughout the day and if this number reaches a certain limit, a "Special/Boss" type of zombie will give you a visit.

Progression over days system - After days pass, instead of only the hordes you have to worry about, you also have to fear other scenarios too. For example, after day 
20 you will see zombies with special effects (Something similar is already in the game). Further on, after day 50, Factions not allied with will send out small raid parties to
kill you and steal your loot.

Special Trader Quests - The trader (and factions too), once reputation is maxed out (or for the factions sake, once allied with), can now offer special quests which require
unusual tactics to complete. These quests will reward the player special items.

Research! - You can now research items in the game. For example, you can skin the corpse of a zombie and gain its arm as an item in your inventory to research. After
researching its entire body, you gain both lore about the zombie apocalypse and a schematic for a special suit made of zombie parts that allow you to blend in easier with zombies to 
complete special trades quests (But, it SLOWLY effects you the more you wear it)

Special Events - (example of special event) A UFO crashes into your world, changing the surrounding area. In this area, different types of enemies with unusual effects spawn
 (For example, zombie with 10% of normal zombie damage but 400% normal health and immunity to negative effects) Once you get near this area, you get a side quest called 

"Explore UFO Crash Site" This quest will point you in the right direction of the UFO crash since you were already near it and guide you through the steps in exploring it. 
As you explore it, certain things can be found such as items, pictures, notes, and most importantly, gear (Most of these items can only be found in UFOs, or possibly 
recreated with research!).

While I wholeheartedly believe there are more ideas, these are just some of the ones we came up with and would love to see implemented into the game in some sort of way. I would love to hear feedback on these ideas, and if they are possible to create within this game.

okay so i will do it in parts. 

Exacalibur - nope this 7dtd not minecraft XD for example unique weapons - bowie knife as better knife . Golden ak47 , custom m60 , sledgehammer with spike etc

Factions - yep they want to implement that just wait for it.

Zombie limit- well if it can somehow conected with gamestage it can work.

Quests- well it sound good 

Research - well in need to be complexed like - you need to find lab chemistry station schematic bulid it , find parts of feral , fat cop etc and you can get a vaccin against zombie infection

Special events - sounds good but not ufo- 7dtd is not fallout is more like days gone  and can working something like

1.  you see military place and it's going to crash and you can find there zombie boss and good stuff

2. big zombie horde

3 you can sometimes hear shots . You go into the bulding and you can find dead survior with stuff  and zombies 

I`ll just add to this post my 2 scrapped zombie assets.

Actually, Behemoth and a flying mutated bee could find their place perfectly fine in radiated/burnt biome in my humble opinion. Behemoth's abilities and overall behavior doesn`t have to be anything staggering. Having these 2 attacking safe bases during horde night in a burnt/radiated zone could be refreshing for me. Players could deal with standard, Radiated, or Burnt Behemoths etc...

Edited by TWORDY (see edit history)