How to edit tooltip values for custom consumable item?

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a custom consumable item, but having trouble with finding out how to edit the Tooltip values (When you click on a consumable it shows the values of Health, Food, Stamina, Water, Regen, etc. on the item)

Here is a visual image of what I'm trying to accomplish:

https://i.imgur.com/lgkdWL5.png
(Note: I already have the item applying the Health, Water, Cure, Stam Regen... just the tooltip isnt displaying the proper values)

I think it has to do with DisplayType. For example if you changed "Food" to "Water" the item's tooltip values would change:

<property name="DisplayType" value="water"/>
VS
<property name="DisplayType" value="food"/>

If I'm correct and it has to do with "DisplayType" where would I setup a custom DisplayType for my specific item?

Thanks!

Edited by Bladestorm Games (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Bladestorm Games said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a custom consumable item, but having trouble with finding out how to edit the Tooltip values (When you click on a consumable it shows the values of Health, Food, Stamina, Water, Regen, etc. on the item)

Here is a visual image of what I'm trying to accomplish:

https://i.imgur.com/lgkdWL5.png
(Note: I already have the item applying the Health, Water, Cure, Stam Regen... just the tooltip isnt displaying the proper values)

I think it has to do with DisplayType. For example if you changed "Food" to "Water" the item's tooltip values would change:

<property name="DisplayType" value="water"/>
VS
<property name="DisplayType" value="food"/>

If I'm correct and it has to do with "DisplayType" where would I setup a custom DisplayType for my specific item?

Thanks!

Hi Bladestorm Games

For water and food to mark you, it must be this Display Type: foodWater.
Now that if you want to have your item with custom stats, you must create your new Display Type, something like this,example:

<item_display_info display_type="foodWaterNew" display_group="groupConsumables">
            <display_entry name="$foodAmountAdd" title_key="statFoodAmount"/>
            <display_entry name="foodHealthAmount" title_key="statHealthAmount"/>
            <display_entry name="$waterAmountAdd" title_key="statWaterAmount"/>
            <display_entry name="dStaminaRegen" title_key="statStaminaRegen" display_type="Percent"/>

<display_entry name="dDuration" title_key="statDuration" display_type="Time"/>

<display_entry name="dCureDysentery" title_key="statCureDysentery" display_type="Percent"/>

<display_entry name="dEfficientDigestion" title_key="statEfficientDigestion" display_type="Percent" display_leading_plus="true"/>
 </item_display_info>

You must also add certain values to the item so that it shows you the correct stats.

Example: Honey has this like this

<property name="DisplayType" value="foodCureInfection"/>

<effect_group tiered="false" name="Food Tier 0">
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="8"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="add" value="2"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>

<display_value name="dCureInfection" value=".05"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$buffInfectionAddCurePerc" operation="add" value="5"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffInfectionAddCure"/>
    </effect_group>

And in display type, it has like this:

<item_display_info display_type="foodCureInfection" display_group="groupConsumables">
            <display_entry name="$foodAmountAdd" title_key="statFoodAmount"/>
            <display_entry name="foodHealthAmount" title_key="statHealthAmount"/>
            <display_entry name="ddummyNoBonus" title_key="statFoodStaminaBonus" display_type="Bool"/>
            <display_entry name="dCureInfection" title_key="statCureInfection" display_type="Percent"/>
 </item_display_info>

It's just a matter of making the values match in display type and item.
Hope that helps you.
Regards