Broad questions about the game.

Faolan

Let me start by saying i have not played the PC version of the game, and only the abandoned console version. Yes im a little salty. But now that next gen consoles are out, some hope has rekindled. But that lead me to realize that everything i used to know, from A15 is very much out of date. I have tried to do some research. But there are things i couldn't find reliable info on.

For starters, did tfp ever make it so the voxel you create from dirt fragments, (or is it all just clay now?) Do they match up to blocks? As they used to leave a triangular gap from land to block. This was suggested to them when i played but no idea if it happened.

Second, how does upgrading concrete work exactly? I know you can make wet concrete blocks, which dry and need upgrades, and rebar frames still upgrade to reinforced, but i heard these now have a wooden form stage first? Am i anywhere near correct?

Third, how do you gain more max HP and Stamina? I know its not by wellness anymore. But how do you do it now? Do you still lose max HP and stamina when you die?

Farming, I know farm plots replaced the hoe tool, is fertilizer still a thing or was that removed as well? I know there's farming perks, but do you still get two crops base without perks so you can replant? Or do you only get one without perks? 

Question about the upcoming black destroys to air. More specifically iron blocks. Currently the fram upgrades to two diffrent black cks, but they both each have 1k hp. Currently they down grade for a combined total of 2k health. Will this block upgrade to 2k health when this gets implemented? 

If I can get answers to those questions then id have a decent idea on what it would entail. Assuming it doesn't change.

Does anyone have any idea when 7dtd is supposed to go gold?

4 minutes ago, Faolan said:

Let me start by saying i have not played the PC version of the game, and only the abandoned console version. Yes im a little salty. But now that next gen consoles are out, some hope has rekindled. But that lead me to realize that everything i used to know, from A15 is very much out of date. I have tried to do some research. But there are things i couldn't find reliable info on.

For starters, did tfp ever make it so the voxel you create from dirt fragments, (or is it all just clay now?) Do they match up to blocks? As they used to leave a triangular gap from land to block. This was suggested to them when i played but no idea if it happened.

Second, how does upgrading concrete work exactly? I know you can make wet concrete blocks, which dry and need upgrades, and rebar frames still upgrade to reinforced, but i heard these now have a wooden form stage first? Am i anywhere near correct?

Third, how do you gain more max HP and Stamina? I know its not by wellness anymore. But how do you do it now? Do you still lose max HP and stamina when you die?

Farming, I know farm plots replaced the hoe tool, is fertilizer still a thing or was that removed as well? I know there's farming perks, but do you still get two crops base without perks so you can replant? Or do you only get one without perks? 

Question about the upcoming black destroys to air. More specifically iron blocks. Currently the fram upgrades to two diffrent black cks, but they both each have 1k hp. Currently they down grade for a combined total of 2k health. Will this block upgrade to 2k health when this gets implemented? 

If I can get answers to those questions then id have a decent idea on what it would entail. Assuming it doesn't change.

It's all clay, well clay and then rocks and sand, and now it does not match fully to blocks, it leaves an annoying gap for those of us with OCD.

You can upgrade wood to r wood, to cobble, to concrete, then to r concrete.  Concrete blocks are made in the mixer but if time is the essence, the rebar is the best as you only have to wait for it to dry once.

I think your attributes contribute to more HP and Sta, and death will reset your food and water gauge I think but not max health.  Critical Hits will reduce max health, but someone else more in the know will probably need to elaborate.  Personally, I try really hard not to die, so I don't think about it that much.  :D

Plots, no fertilizer anymore.  You can't get 2 crops without the perks, but no need to replant either, the perks do unlock the ability to turn the finished item (mushrooms, potato, corn, pumpkin, etc into the appropriate seeds).

Not sure about the last question, somebody else will need to answer, good luck and welcome to pc!

59 minutes ago, Faolan said:

Everything is either clay or sand. Soil no longer exists. Terrain blocks do not match up with building blocks. That gap still exists and likely always will. They've talked about it but the amount of work needed to redo POI's is pretty prohibitive. This may just be one of those improvements we will see in the sequel when they can tackle it from the beginning. Or....they may come up with a solution that isn't too time and resource heavy and deem it worthwhile.

Who can say? This is one of those things that is currently in flux and it doesn't matter how it is done now because it will likely change before gold and then won't be part of the next console version. You will just need to follow the development in order to see-- just like us. There is a new shape menu and a simpler upgrade path that is being introduced in A20 which will change the current way of building. I'm sure there will be a dev stream on it at some point that you can watch to see what the changes will be. Whatever they are for PC will be what they will be for future console port.

Time. You go up each time you level up. Period. You do not ever lose your max hp or stamina. Injuries will reduce your temporary max and cannot be increased by food or medicine. Only by employing the correct treatment will you greatly reduce the timer on the injury. Once your injury heals, the temporary max reduction goes away and you can heal up again with food and meds. But your overall max progresses as you level and never goes down.

The recipe for farm plots includes what was used for fertilizer in the past so in that sense there is still fertilizer but it is all included in the farm plot recipe. You don't apply it to the ground afterward. Plants don't need to be replanted. Once you plant it whenever you harvest it returns to its stage one form and starts growing again. So you only get one fruit unperked since you don't need two to replant. But you will need to save up fruit in order to craft seeds if you want to grow your crop. Perks allow you to harvest more fruit and craft seeds out of less fruit. Seed crafting recipes can be found in the world as well as the seeds themselves.

Nobody knows yet. Follow the A20 development to find out along with us. It is assumed that the block HPs will be adjusted to balance the loss of downgrading but we will have to wait and see what they come up with.

Four years ago I would have said, "In about a year". So.....in about a year.

Like I said above, at this point all PC development towards gold is ALSO development towards the new console version. So if you've been disinterested in what is going for PC up until now, just consider all development at this point development for the next console version and keep an eye on the developer diary thread.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies, im a little sad that voxel still doesn't match up. But i understand. Its also no nice to know that clay is literally everywhere now and that farm plots automatically replant themselves. Like that's awesome. its also good to know that my stats are more level base and i won't be boned if you die after just loading in. Yes i know there's no zombie spawns around you when you spawn. 

Cool, thank you all for the info. I really appreciate it.