Breaking a leg should break some glass jars too

Falconburger

+1 for broken jars. Now that we get them back after each use, they are almost too annoyingly abundant. There needs to be a way to consume some of the piling up of jars. Also, when zombies hit you there should be some chance to break one. Molotov cocktail bomb recipe would be another good way to consume the pile up of jars.

i definitely agree, i think if a zombie hits you there is a chance it could break some of the glass jars in your backpack. i would also like to see maybe a chance for making a cut, in which zombies could smell the blood and you would need a combo of aloe cream and maybe something else to make a salve to cover up the smell.

Maybe they can give us an option to break the glass jars and use the shards as a form of trap? Similar to the barbed wire though. Something like a broken glass block that gives minor damage to a zombie but slows them down by alot or something.

I'm not fussed about having too many jars. I just think that falls them breaking adds to the risk when you're out in the wild. Lou haven't lived till you've died of dehydration while limping out of the desert. The broken glass could easily be a crafting component (isn't there already one?) Sure you don't have glass on your feet but i assume when you fall down a cliff you're not surfing down it but tumbling head over heels and banging your backpack about - even if this isn't represented by the characters graphical viewpoint in the game.

Then all my drink should bust too? I could jump off the roof of my house, break my leg, and if I had mason jars in my backpack would not break Unless I landed on my back (which means I would probably break my back not my leg) onto a rock. Broken leg should take longer than 3 days though.

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;127056] Broken leg should take longer than 3 days though.[/QUOTE] Realistically yes, but try playing a game in which your broken leg doesn't heal for like 3 - 6 months minimum? You'd be moving at 60% move speed for that entire duration and would probably end up smashing your keyboard in frustration. So the time duration in the game is just about acceptable now to heal completely from a broken leg.

This idea is not needed. It would serve as a hinderence and cause people to not want to play rather then think "oh hey, that's a cool mechanic". I agree, if you have to many and can't be bothered storeing them or re using them then just toss them. If you absolutely need some mechanic then how about broken glass blocks that work like spikes/tree trunk tips, and get used up after enough zombies have stepped on it.

[QUOTE=Phil_Arrow;127017]i dont get why people are moaning that they have too many jars lol if you do just toss some away problem solved :)[/QUOTE] They could make it so you can throw the jars and use them as a distraction. A glass jar breaking would make a lot more noise than a small stone. Also they could allow you to melt them down and make window panes. Or even use them as preserving jars (if not already a thing), to put berries and fruits in them or maybe even a form of cooked meat. Otherwise there only use is water.

+1, I like something to break the now-reusable jars, just something to balance it out a bit. As a simple implementation, I made a suggestion just now about making craftable lanterns that could use bottles. BTW, to the people shutting down the "break glass on falls" idea, saying the bottles are in the "backpack", consider that if you fall and break your leg (or even sprain an ankle), chances are you're going to fall down, and if you fall down, you might land on your backpack, so now you've got your falling body weight on top of the glass hitting the ground (and presumably other glass bottles as well as anything else in the backpack). Whenever there's a roll for leg break/sprain, roll for how many bottles break too, maybe adjusting the chance by how full inventory is. It should be low enough so it doesn't feel too weird that you're breaking too many bottles every time you hurt yourself, but enough to make those risks that much riskier. My only real objection to glass breaking is that it kinda begs the question of why not have alternate containers that don't break, like waterskins or metal canteens when you can already make clothing and gun parts, which is why I'd favor making this more of a rare event that reminds the player that glass can break, and falling/rough movement has some "realistic" side effects.

Should absolutely be possible to break jars in case you need to take your life because you get trapped or something so you dont have to actually bring glass shards with you.. Not liking random breaking. Already have a spot in the inventory bugging out randomly dropping stuff.. Guess one could tecnically say things sometimes drop out of the bag.. If it does gey implemeted however, at least make breaking legs and jars with it take a bit more to do. Feels just a bit too weak boned atm.

Nice idea, you should have consequences for action, that said I would like to see more done with the broken leg mechanic, perhaps a repeated breaking will result in slower repair times, or how about infections you will have to deal with...

While a good idea, it's too minor to implement, IMHO. With putting in special features for stuff like this, we'll soon have a game that tracks each splinter. EDIT: Just to clarify, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a detailed simulation with features of this kind, but features aren't free. If the pimps are spending time on calculating how many glass jars break when you jump off three blocks, they are not spending that time doing much more important and impactful stuff.

Archived