Clear Quest Bug?

PinkLed5

On 8/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, Seele said:

Just a quick update.

Thus far this has solved the Clear Quest issue and zombie spawns.  We did 4-5 varying POIs without issue last night and a blood moon.

Thanks Seele for this fix. My PC had crashed whilst I was playing the game and it caused my save to be corrupted. Thankfully I was able to rescue my save somehow (it did reset to Day 1 and my character lost all the items and progress he had on him, using console command was able to fix most of it though). But I encountered the Clear Quest bug in which the quests won't clear even though I had killed every single zombie within. Resetting all the chunks (except for where my base was located) was able to solve it though and I can now clear quests again. 

• 1 month later...

!!POSSIBLE SOLUTION!! Alpha 21

VIDEO EXPLINATION - 

I has this issue with multiple clear/infested quest i was flying around looking for zombies i ran the whole monument several times and still no luck but i read somewhere that buttons can be triggers for zombies spawns and not pressing these buttons would result in the quest no being completed. 

However some of the buttons that are clearly meant to be pressed, even the final vault door just simply could not be pressed, (no green light on button, it was just off) now i dont know what causes these buttons to not be active. 

A simple solution you can attempt during the clear of any POI is to make sure any button you passed is pressed and if you cannot press this button due to it not spawning on breaking the button will have the same outcome as pressing it. (buttons do have 7000 HP but at a higher level this takes no time at all).

I hope this can help even 1 person but if you still have issues please comment on the video linked above and we can have a discussion there and finally sort out this issue many many players seam to be having.

Edited by Bruck (see edit history)