My whole world is covered in a layer of dirt.

Jasonkabler

The screenshot I am providing here is from darkness falls, but I've had the problem before I started playing darkness falls. My whole world is covered with a layer of dirt even the grass by him as you can see in the picture. If I punched the ground, the dirt spot turns to what is underneath it peered in this case asphalt. Any ideas how I can fix this? It is very annoying and not very fun to play not being able to see the roads.  I have uninstalled seventies to die and reinstalled it twice. And started several different New games, but I still get the same thing.

20201030_112045.jpg

if its a custom world it looks like what i had at one time and placing large bodies of water (such as a lake or even stream) would cause that as there are special coords you have to use to contain the water boundaries. i dont know much about them but you may want to check it out (if water is causing that, that is) also check in the world folder for water_info.xml (that will show you basically what i am saying.)

good luck

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

then i suggest and yes "its only a suggestion"...

disable ALL mods and move the folder out of the game folder then re-verify files and try with a new map seed.. if all goes well, then add back one mod at a time till you get the problem and you should find the culprit.

basically start game vanilla once more then progress.

dont forget to delete all saved folders in the save folder itself.

it would help if you tell what version/alpha build you are using and attach an output log of the game when the issue happens again.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Archived