block decay?

Major Tom

If they're reasonably in line of sight, that's what I'd assume.. of course, I have no idea how far your far is. The next time you see a trader, give his establishment a few shots from similar distance.. the ping should tell you if you're hitting it.

If they're reasonably in line of sight, that's what I'd assume.. of course, I have no idea how far your far is. The next time you see a trader, give his establishment a few shots from similar distance.. the ping should tell you if you're hitting it.

good idea. thanks man. hope that's the case and this doesnt have to do with structural integrity or anything. The horde base I have is on a solid foundation (no mine under it), so I'm fairly certain that isn't an issue. Will do some testing. thanks again.

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

What type of turrets? Robotic, shotgun, smg or a mix?

SMG and shotgun turrets. I think they damage blocks unlike the dart traps

4 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

SMG and shotgun turrets. I think they damage blocks unlike the dart traps

SMG turrets have a range of 30 blocks and Shotgun Turrets have a range of 15 blocks, unless that's changed since the wiki entries last updated (I'll doublecheck here in a bit). Neither turret type is 100% accurate so stray shots can hit blocks that are within that range.

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

SMG turrets have a range of 30 blocks and Shotgun Turrets have a range of 15 blocks, unless that's changed since the wiki entries last updated (I'll doublecheck here in a bit). Neither turret type is 100% accurate so stray shots can hit blocks that are within that range.

that is most likely the case then. if this appears again at any point, i'll be sure to update you guys. thanks again for the help. My underground base (with no turrets) has a ton of reinforced concrete as well and only a few have been touched from my vehicles smashing into them, so stray turret bullets most likely is the case.

15 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

that is most likely the case then. if this appears again at any point, i'll be sure to update you guys. thanks again for the help. My underground base (with no turrets) has a ton of reinforced concrete as well and only a few have been touched from my vehicles smashing into them, so stray turret bullets most likely is the case.

I was able to confirm that they do reach the ranges listed in the wiki.

Other things to note is that explosions not only hurt the outer layer but also can penetrate to damage the blocks under it as well. So if you have 2 block thick walls and a cop explodes next to the outer block the inner one may get damaged as well.

41 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Other things to note is that explosions not only hurt the outer layer but also can penetrate to damage the blocks under it as well. So if you have 2 block thick walls and a cop explodes next to the outer block the inner one may get damaged as well.

I've been meaning to test that a bit, finally got around to it. I couldn't get a cop or a demo to damage the 2nd layer if the first one was a full block. Went fine through a plate though.

Archived