Remove bullet damage to blocks

M.Hunor

Hi, i really enjoy the game as it is but i want to preserve the POIs loot containers to get some loot later on too. I just want to know how can i fully disable bullet block damage so firearms (pistols, shotguns etc.) wont wreck the place. I only want to deal damage to zombies but not to the place. Ive managed to reduce it to 1 dmg already but is there a way to fully remove/disable it? Thanks in advance guys 

If you found the variable in the game files, can't you make the value 0? Or just delete the line that says it deals X block damage. 

Found these lines in my items file for the AK for instance:
<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.15,.15" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- random BlockDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

I'd either set the values to 0 so:

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,0" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- random BlockDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,0" tier="2,6" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

Or just delete the whole line or close it in ignore brackets  <!--IGNORE CODE IN HERE-->  

If neither of these works, check if the bullets themselves carry any block damage. Not sure then. But good luck, hopefully someone has tried something like this before. 

11 minutes ago, Loboling said:

If you found the variable in the game files, can't you make the value 0? Or just delete the line that says it deals X block damage. 

Found these lines in my items file for the AK for instance:
<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.15,.15" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- random BlockDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

I'd either set the values to 0 so:

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,0" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- random BlockDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,0" tier="2,6" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

Or just delete the whole line or close it in ignore brackets  <!--IGNORE CODE IN HERE-->  

If neither of these works, check if the bullets themselves carry any block damage. Not sure then. But good luck, hopefully someone has tried something like this before. 

tried both variation, but unfortunately they still do 1dmg. also checked the bullet itself and removed the block damage line from there too but still do 1dmg 

demn its annoying :(

Archived