Modding vanilla weapon Texture, how?

danielspoa

Hi. Apart from the seemingly easiest part which is adjusting the texture itself which is purely an artistic avenue, I'm afraid there are no basic steps for this. You would need to import this item as a 3d model with a new texture into Unity and then save it exactly the way it must be saved to be compatible with 7 Days to Die and only then bring that item into the game with your custom xml code.

For the rest, you will have to follow some tutorials on how to import models into Unity and prepare them for 7 Days to Die. Xyth made a tutorial which is really useful for beginners. You can find it here.

Guys, so I watched the tutorials and tried working with unity. It covers the basics but doesn't help with tags and a few other stuff for weapons.

I remember faaaaar long ago I watched a tutorial about weapon and even developed a few custom weapons at the time, it was a17 or a18.
If u know of any videos focusing on weapons please point it to me. And ofc if changing just the texture like suggested above is possible then... I would love to know :)

thank you! for now Im working on the xml for these future weapons!

Archived