Harvest Question

M1cromanagement

how i can harvest only  resourceLeather?

in the progression.xml

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value=".2,1" tags="HarvestResourceLeather"/>

entityclasses.xml

<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" count="0" tool_category="Butcher"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" tag="butcherHarvest" count="30"/> <!-- animalBoar -->
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceLeather" tag="butcherHarvest" count="7"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceAnimalFat" count="4" tag="butcherHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceBone" tag="butcherHarvest" count="15"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceBone" tag="allToolsHarvest" count="5"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" count="1" tag="WasteTreasuresCompleteHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceLeather" count="1" tag="WasteTreasuresCompleteHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceBone" count="1" tag="WasteTreasuresCompleteHarvest"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceLeather" count="1" tag="HarvestResourceLeather"/>

items.xml  for example meleeWpnBladeT0BoneKnife 

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="base_set" value="1" tags="HarvestResourceLeather"/>

mhmm i still miss something but i dont now what :(

I don't know the answer, but from what I've seen I don't think you can harvest *only* leather *unless* you remove completely (or set to count="0") the other items from the "drop event" inside the entityclasses.xml .  However, what it appears you're trying to do is set this inside an item in items.xml .... which , if you sent the "base_set" number high enough , it might harvest a lot more leather and rarely drop other items?  Its also possible if you did that you'd just get a lot of leather but also get a normal amount of the other items.

I always thought the perc_add and base_set on the items were "give me more of this item when it drops from the "harvest" drop list" not "when items drop from the "harvest" loot list, make the percentage of my percs higher based on the item I'm using, until it eventually is *only* dropping that resource for this item". I think the logical way to look at it is: if you maxed out the numbers for an item (say, a knife), and the loot dropping was determined by the item in your hand, and it was "10000% leather", you would never get any bones or fat or meat ever again when using that item.  Instead I believe it is "when leather drops, give 10000% leather, but the other items will also drop".

The amount and type of resource harvested is based on the tags of the tool being used and the block being harvested. If a block has a resource with the tag "allHarvest" that is matched to the modifier tagged "allHarvest" on the tool.

In my mod, axes only harvest wood and picks only harvest stone and ore.

So if you want to harvest more leather you either need to up the resource count on every block or make custom tags for leather.

Archived