Pre-installed item/gun mods

mr.devolver

Hey guys,

I'm working on a gun based on vanilla Magnum 44. I would like to make it a special weapon as a quest reward and I would like to give this gun some pre-installed modifications.

Is it possible at all? How can this be done?

I have a theory that it might work through loot.xml by giving it a chance for a modification to be installed, but I would prefer a way through items.xml if possible, because I don't have a loot container for it, I would like to create the item in player's inventory.

Hi mr.devolver

It is possible to add passive effects to the weapon from items.xml, if you understand correctly.
Through loot.xml you can make it come out when looting, but make it rare that it comes out or add it to the trader to sell it for a good price, for traders.xml.

Just now, mr.devolver said:

Gouki, I'm looking for a way to give the player a gun which already has some installed mods in its mod slots. Passive effects are nice, but they don't change the visual appearance of the gun.

Oooh, I got it, you can take the miner's helmet as an example and see how it works.
Because I have seen that now the helmet is given or sold without those improvements and other times if it has them, it may be random.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, mr.devolver said:

Well, I suspect that light on the mining helmet is attached through loot.xml, that's not necessarily the way I would like to mod the item, but it looks like there's no other way at this point.

Hi, a think i got what you need. my mods have preinstaled mods on guns and tools.

Archived