Lack of new POIs in random gen maps?

Kyonshi

Is it me or am i just unlucky?

In the current random gen i'm in, there's 2 neighborhoods very near each other. I came across 2 and even 3 of the same POIs, where most are not from the new A19 ones. Dump & Lung coal mine. Clunky Oil. Navezgane Creamery. O'Malley Mill. Buddies Grain. Jons Ham Radio. Not kidding. Some of the houses also get repeated more than twice. I have to say i didnt explored the map in its entirety (8k x 8k), but still, im a bit disappointed. I didnt really see a new Crack A Book, hardware store, a Pop N Pills... but there's 3 basketball courts, wtf? *shrug*

Just wondering about those of you who play on the in-game map generator. I didnt try the new NitroGen yet. Im now wondering if the PreGen maps are better or even if i should hop back in Navezgane itself to at least see more of the new spots. I didnt want to in the first place because i already played Navezgane and thought the element of surprise wouldnt be that much exciting anymore.

3 hours ago, Feycat said:

Just use Nitrogen, I dunno why but the pimps can't seem to solve RWG since A16

I know, its just that i wanted to try RWG since i got a brand new PC and the SSD in it makes things load/generate a f***ton faster. And there's also a detail that i like from RWG, that NitroGen can't seem to reproduce: street layout. In NitroGen, the houses and shops and whatnot arent divided and placed in perfect square blocks around towns, like original 7DtD maps. They're all convoluted into a clusterf*** of buildings and street layout doesnt make any sense, like it would in most real-life, north-american cities. I dont know if you see what i mean, but anyways.

Im gonna install it anyways and see if its been fixed in some sort.

Streets are still not perfect grids, but that doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. I always make wide roads and make sure cities connect.

I tried RWG when A19 came out and what I got was a sharp corner on the edge of an endless void soooo yeah. Nitro for me.

Installed NitroGen. Right away there's way much more of the new POIs and updated/overhauled old ones. Street layout isnt so bad in the map i chose but weird building positioning is weird, like houses right beside the Dishong Tower lol. So yeah, way less boring than RWG and i would agree that they do need to work harder on this.

Also, as a huge bonus, i found a trader with functional bench, chem station, forge and mixer few minutes after starting. Jackpot.

Tried one RWG map. Had a gravel road that suddenly turned 90° sideways. Not lef or right. Up. LIke a wall. Instantly went back to nitrogen.

And tbh, no matter what they do with the RWG mixer, i am 100% sure we will never get as many options to choose from as nitrogen has. Don´t think i will ever use RWG again other than testing the new versions.

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Tried one RWG map. Had a gravel road that suddenly turned 90° sideways. Not lef or right. Up. LIke a wall. Instantly went back to nitrogen.

And tbh, no matter what they do with the RWG mixer, i am 100% sure we will never get as many options to choose from as nitrogen has. Don´t think i will ever use RWG again other than testing the new versions.

They should seriously do like WoW does and absorb NitroGen into the base game to replace whatever their RWG engine is. 

Archived