Skill points vanished

MooD

Hi there,

With the new alpha versions rolling out, we have lost our spent skill points (every skill in the tree are back to 0). The problem is, we have kept our levels and experience, quests and what not, meaning the skill points are definitely lost and we can't regain them.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix that ? (even by cheating in the command line or file editing, I don't really care.)

Thanks,

MooD

PS : It's already happened twice with this beta, which forced us to start a new game. I really don't want to start anew this time ^^.

Do you have access to the server? If yes, read on:

Do player files have a backup? I'm not sure, so just look into your savegame, there should be a "player" dir. If there are .bak files in there, replace the players files with their backup and see if it helps. Chance is low but worth a try.

If that doesn't help, do this (yes, it is a bit of work, personally I would ignore the books and search for them again):

1) Start the game and everyone puts everything he owns and wears into a chest. Write down your current xp and level. Also write down important recipes and books you already found and did not get via perks. Everyone should log out and you shut down the server

2) on the server delete your player files. Give everyone the power to use the command "giveselfxp" and "cm"

3) Login as a new character, everyone uses "giveselfxp" to get to the old values and the creative menue to get back recipes and books

4) Don't forget to remove the ability to use giveselfxp and cm from your users afterwards. No need to tempt them always 😉

• 2 weeks later...

if you drink the elixir you get all points back (that you had) and the perks that were checked will be unchecked (was working properly and tested without mod interference). this way you get to re-spec.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Archived