Party vs Allies - Explain this to me please!

Tahaan

Could someone please explain to me why is there an "Allies" thing in the game?  What is it used for?

And why does the game remember what your allies are but you need to re-join a party every time you play?

A buddy any myself always play Co-op on our private dedicated server.  Is there a way for the Party to be remembered always and/or for us to autmatically be re-joined to our party whenever we are both online?

Allied relations control base ownership, "my stuff is your stuff"

Party is mainly to share combat XP and show your location and hp for combat utility.. "that guy needs a lil healing"

The split is useful if you want to party up with a stranger but not give them access to your base. Which is pretty rare of course with the low populations per server.

There's no way to set up a permanent party, I'd like one too... :) No idea why, other than allyship needs to exists while one of the people is offline, but party doesn't.. can't see how the offline-party would hurt, but that's how it is for now.

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

Allied relations control base ownership, "my stuff is your stuff"

Related: turrets set to attack "strangers" will not attack allies. So even if you want your allies to keep their dirty mitts off your stuff, they can at least come to your base without getting SMGd.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, theFlu said:

The split is useful if you want to party up with a stranger but not give them access to your base

For some reason I through it was not possible to Party up unless you are allies already.  This is really interesting!

Archived