Custom Poi help

Reckis

I managed to get my poi created thanks to all the helpful advice I found here . . . with one major and one minor exception. 

Major : Can't seem to get the prefab to add to any random gen map . . . in-game generator or NitroGen.

Minor : Haven't gotten the proper programs to get the mesh file created, partly because I am not sure if that part of the sticky tutorial at the top of this forum still applies.

You can create the mesh file inside the editor.  Its under one of the tabs labeled "update imposter."

Regarding RWG, you would have to add your prefab in the list of POIs within the rwgmixer.xml file within your Data/Config folder.

You may also need to add a few properties to your prefab xml file so it spawns in the areas that you want it in.  I recommend looking at a similar vanilla POIs xml file for the properties to use (e.g. Allowed Townships, Zoning, etc.)

Just now, Laz Man said:

Your welcome If, If your familiar with XPath and modets u can mod your mixer file that way instead of modifying it directly.

I am just starting to dabble in that a little bit, so I will probably add it directly to the vanilla mixer for now.

Archived