QUEST: Clear Area needs to be fixed for higher tiers

Cubez

The Quest to clear an area was my favourite but I noticed the higher tier ones are extremely slow to complete. Even in A19, the latest build using the new waypoint system on the compass still doesn't show where exactly the zeds are, only the ones that have woken up . It's more so the larger structures that i'm spending hours in trying to find the last few zeds that are hiding. I should be able to walk in, shoot up the place and wake everyone up on that floor. I understand the sleeper zeds are there to scare you when you get close, which is nice, but why not have them not count towards the quest and just have that building overrun by a horde of zeds that are marked on your compass. It's your job to clear them out. The sleepers are just an added difficulty that don't have to all be eliminated. 

But yea the bigger factories that has multiple floors have become too long to clear out, it's like playing hide and seek.

Sneaking can always be an option when you first enter but once you feel like you combed through the place, i'm spending more time looking for the stragglers than I am having fun killing zeds. A19 did improve though to at least show you where the zeds are awake.

I hope this can be looked into.

yo yo yo.

I can help you with this. I have completed many of the tier 5 quests. And the most important tip I can give you is to follow the "path". The quests are created in such a way that you can follow a path that will take you through the whole quest. Sometimes the path is very hard to find, and the added stress from zombies can make it harder(swear to god I have ptsd from one quest). But there is always a path, even when it is hard to find or see. Also when I have gotten to the end of a quest and overlooked one place with zombies I get a waypoint showing me where they are.

So in short. I don't believe there is a problem with the quests right now. I really don't want them to be made easier. And you can complete the quests with a little more effort.

About the quests being long. They can be very long but, after you learn how to it, it becomes easier and faster. Another tip I can give you is to do the same quest several times.

8 hours ago, powerful_hobo said:

yo yo yo.

I can help you with this. I have completed many of the tier 5 quests. And the most important tip I can give you is to follow the "path". The quests are created in such a way that you can follow a path that will take you through the whole quest. Sometimes the path is very hard to find, and the added stress from zombies can make it harder(swear to god I have ptsd from one quest). But there is always a path, even when it is hard to find or see. Also when I have gotten to the end of a quest and overlooked one place with zombies I get a waypoint showing me where they are.

So in short. I don't believe there is a problem with the quests right now. I really don't want them to be made easier. And you can complete the quests with a little more effort.

About the quests being long. They can be very long but, after you learn how to it, it becomes easier and faster. Another tip I can give you is to do the same quest several times.

Agreed, do not deviate from the path in the tier 5 quests. If you do you will have a bad time. 

Archived