Put the A18 sound back on the Auger

Tahaan

Is it possible to use a modlet to restore the Auger to using the sound from A18?

If so can you give me some direction on how to go about it?  I've done very simple mods that change properties on some items, eg to make vehicles faster and also created the FoodPlus33 mod.  So I know the basics, but never tried anything that involves Audio or graphic assets.

I imagine something along the lines of:

a) Get the Audio resources files from A18 and put them in the right place

b) Use Xpath to change the properties of the auger to use the Audio clips from step a) in stead of the default.

If it helps I do still have a copy of Alpha 18.4 in a separate directory.  I just need to know what to look at next.

When looking at items.xml and sounds.xml I can't even see what is the difference between A18 and A19.

I want to change the bullet riccochet sound, not the start, stop, idle or refeuling sounds.

It is the offensive sounds when hitting metal and stone that I want to change!!!!

The difference is: in A18 sound was bugged on the auger so it made no hit sounds at all. A19 fixed the sounds being played again. You would need to alter or remove the hit sounds for it to be like A18.

I am not sure why people complain. Such a machine would be loud and offensive in real life too, hence people wear ear protection when operating such a machine. Maybe mod that in haha, you can use the stun effect to make all sounds more hollow :)

8 hours ago, Tahaan said:

Is it possible to use a modlet to restore the Auger to using the sound from A18?

If so can you give me some direction on how to go about it?  I've done very simple mods that change properties on some items, eg to make vehicles faster and also created the FoodPlus33 mod.  So I know the basics, but never tried anything that involves Audio or graphic assets.

I imagine something along the lines of:

a) Get the Audio resources files from A18 and put them in the right place

b) Use Xpath to change the properties of the auger to use the Audio clips from step a) in stead of the default.

If it helps I do still have a copy of Alpha 18.4 in a separate directory.  I just need to know what to look at next.

Hi Tahaan

There is a mod for that, but I don't know if it is what you are looking for, only this one for A17.4, try trying it.
The mod is called Lowered Power Tool Sounds and it's on Nexusmod.

4 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Tahaan

There is a mod for that, but I don't know if it is what you are looking for, only this one for A17.4, try trying it.
The mod is called Lowered Power Tool Sounds and it's on Nexusmod.

Thank you, I will try and see if it does what I want to do or perhaps gets me going in the right direction.

Archived