[Suggestion] Weapon progression bridge between Hunting Rifle and AK

rex1234551

While playing A18.4, I've noticed that there isn't really a weapon to bridge the gap between the slow, single shot Hunting rifle, and the rapid fire, high capacity AK, So my suggestion is simple, 2 new Weapons.

My first suggestion would be to start with a Bolt Action rifle, Something that has a bigger magazine capacity than the Hunting Rifle, with quicker follow up shots, at the expense of a bit of damage, and obviously a longer reload than the Hunting Rifle. I think the best options to fill this role would be weapons like the German Kar98, or the Russian Mosin Negant, both of which being heavily imported to America after WW2.

To bridge the gap between this Bolt Action Rifle and the AK, I would also suggest something that has a higher magazine capacity than the Bolt action, with less damage again, and even better follow up shot speeds, at the cost of reload speed, and probably also worth reducing its accuracy a bit. I think the best options to fill this role will be either a Semi-Automatic Rifle from WW2 That Yanks praise the lords for, aka the M1 Garand, or a Lever action Rifle, such as a Winchester. 

Ultimately, these changes would seemingly suggest a very large number of 7.62 guns, which is why I would probably suggest the Mosin Negant, to work alongside the Hunting rifle, but with the Lever action repeater, which I believe would be better than the M1 Garand, it would probably be in the best interest of balance for it to use the 44 Magnum rounds, 

I do hope you agree with the suggestion, and I hope that this is the right place for suggestions, as the forums have evidently been heavily updated since I last made a suggestion on here. if not, I'd be greatly appreciative if I could be directed into the right place.

@rex1234551 those are some solid suggestions. No idea how the pimps view things now a days but the old Sniper then Marksman Rifle were the step-up from the Hunting Rifle. Their version (icon is an AR10 variant) has a very small default mag size (4?), but mods can up it to around ~14? rounds in vanilla?

I'm not on a19 yet so no clear idea how the "rifle Tiers" are filled. MM has made numerous mentions about "pipe guns", so it sounds like we might have the three rifle Tiers go, pipe-hunting-sniper in a20.

On the lever action. I've seen a fair few requests to add one. Can't recall ever seeing a positive response from a dev though.

If they do add one I can only hope that they -don't- make it use the same 7.62 rounds that most everything else uses. It would be a meme worthy epic fail if they did. Reason being lever action rifles use a tube magazone. That means the nose of one round is pressing against the primer of the round ahead of it. So you could literally slam the butt of the rifle down and chain fire off rounds in the magazine if you used ammo with bullets like most 7.62x51 ammo uses.

7 hours ago, FileMachete said:

@rex1234551 those are some solid suggestions. No idea how the pimps view things now a days but the old Sniper then Marksman Rifle were the step-up from the Hunting Rifle. Their version (icon is an AR10 variant) has a very small default mag size (4?), but mods can up it to around ~14? rounds in vanilla?

I'm not on a19 yet so no clear idea how the "rifle Tiers" are filled. MM has made numerous mentions about "pipe guns", so it sounds like we might have the three rifle Tiers go, pipe-hunting-sniper in a20.

On the lever action. I've seen a fair few requests to add one. Can't recall ever seeing a positive response from a dev though.

If they do add one I can only hope that they -don't- make it use the same 7.62 rounds that most everything else uses. It would be a meme worthy epic fail if they did. Reason being lever action rifles use a tube magazone. That means the nose of one round is pressing against the primer of the round ahead of it. So you could literally slam the butt of the rifle down and chain fire off rounds in the magazine if you used ammo with bullets like most 7.62x51 ammo uses.

A lever action that took 44 mag ammo would be great. That way if you have that ammo sitting around, but are not a pistol guy, then the ammo is not going to waste. It would add an opportunity for a new book series of cowboy books too. 

8 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

A lever action that took 44 mag ammo would be great. That way if you have that ammo sitting around, but are not a pistol guy, then the ammo is not going to waste. It would add an opportunity for a new book series of cowboy books too. 

Fully agree, and I hope TFPs add a leveraction to the game as well.

Archived