Ammunition consumption in the backpack / FIFO -> LIFO

JimPanja

Is it possible to make an adjustment to reverse the consumption of all types of ammunition from the backpack? I mean it this way: Instead of taking the first stack of ammo during reload, it would be great if the last stack is used instead. This would make sorting easier and even give added value to various inventory mods.

Are you aware that mods for inventory ("locked" slots) do not care about actual items but item count? So I have six locked slots and carry full backpack, I am encumbered at 6. Now if I drop any item (anywhere from backpack), I drop to encumbered 5.

That's not my point at all. I'll try to be a little more specific about what I meant:

Let's say that I have five slots in my backpack that I always keep firmly filled. It does not matter if with or without mod. At least one of these slots is reserved for ammunition of my current ranged weapon. So far so good. Now Hordenight begins. I was well prepared and had put additional ammunition in my backpack. What happens now? Of course the ammunition in the front slots will be used up first. This creates "gaps" in the backpack very quickly. My fixed ammunition slot is then empty. If I now take a few drops in between, this slot is occupied randomly. It can happen that after a horde night I clean out the loot of the night and overlook the fact that my fixed ammo slot is now wrongly occupied.

If the ammunition would be used up first from the rear slots, this would not be a problem anymore. First World Problem - I know! I'd still consider it a useful improvement if you could at least somehow can have control about it.

Archived