Extra Vehicles Seating!

AuroraGiggleFairy

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Can you do the same for the minibike and bicycles? Janky looks are fine I just want the function.

Hahahaha, I have also been requested to do one for the Gyro copter. If "Janky" looks are fine and the "vanilla feel" is ok to be messed with, I'll make one. It will take a little time, but I'll do it and keep you posted! lol.

1 hour ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

I really appreciate that :D I tried my hand at it and failed miserably.

now a days I don't even bother with xpath I just edit configs directly. Even then I couldn't get extra seating to work.

OK! "takes time?" Apparently not too much!

Janky Seating Lol! <--this adds a 2nd seat to Gyrocopter, Motorbike, and Bicycle. I CAN NOT TEST IT at this time, so let me know if it works "well enough". Lol!

Oh yhea, I also started with messing with the config files directly. THEN I learned how to transfer it over to xpath. It's a logical learning step. 

• 7 months later...

He Riles, just downloaded the mod, digging it so far. We also run PaintJob by Ericbeaudoin and I've noticed your mod doesn't work with any of the colored cars (each one is a separate asset). I've figured I can copy and paste your code over and over and replace the name in <append xpath="/vehicles/vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']"> with the name of the colored motorcycle. It works. I was just curious if there is a cleaner way to do it. Like, can you list multiple names in that one line of text? LOL, I'm a total noob at editing xml.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, GoatBoySteve said:

He Riles, just downloaded the mod, digging it so far. We also run PaintJob by Ericbeaudoin and I've noticed your mod doesn't work with any of the colored cars (each one is a separate asset). I've figured I can copy and paste your code over and over and replace the name in <append xpath="/vehicles/vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']"> with the name of the colored motorcycle. It works. I was just curious if there is a cleaner way to do it. Like, can you list multiple names in that one line of text? LOL, I'm a total noob at editing xml.

Whoa, you posted this like 2 months ago! Sorry for my delay! There should be a cleaner way. Could be two ways, 1.) if all the assets have a similar "contains xyz" in their name, you can do one line. OR 2.) I haven't done this one as much, but I believe you can do something like [@name='vehicle1' and @name='vehicle2'] etc. But I honestly don't remember if the word in between should be "and" or "or".

5 hours ago, Talyrius said:

Is there anyway to restore vehicle sounds to the extra passengers? They hear complete silence which breaks immersion.

I wish! Well, a lot of the sounds are not exactly editable without having its own assets. And I am not familiar with that kind of editing, unfortunately.