Auger Sounds - Brutal!

Ludacritz

I know it wouldn't make sense to NOT have sounds when the auger is hitting a block of something, but man when it's nearly deafening after mining for more than 5 minutes with how loud it is. Any suggestions on changes or maybe making it a lot quieter to us but not change the way it attracts zombies?

i've been trying (unsuccessfully) to modify the sounds for the auger.  So far I haven't found the setting for when it actually hits something.  I can change the base sounds to something else but not the damage sounds.  If anyone knows where this is in the XML it would be awesome if you would share. 

The auger is nigh unusable atm. If it weren't for how fast you can harvest with it, I would have given it up immediately at the start of b169.
And I'm clearly not the only one. I made a thread over on reddit and people are even more upset over there.

Auger and the Chainsaw are just so damn obnoxious that it hurts. I try to harvest like 40-60k iron at a time and I have to put my game on mute while my friend patrols above for all the screamers that spawn.
I shouldn't have to mute your game to make it playable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/comments/hut829/alpha_b169_auger_mining_sounds_are_extremely/

• 2 months later...

Archived