Removed/Lowered Auger & Chainsaw Sounds A19

Mala Zedik

Greetings fellow survivors.

I've created 3 different mods for the Auger/Chainsaw sounds that were modified in Alpha 19.

These are only intended as a temporary fix until The Fun Pimps split the audio properly.
What I mean by this is, the Auger and Chainsaw are tied to the "Bullet Impact" sounds in game.

Which means the Auger/Chainsaw "impact" sounds also affect any Bullet Impact sounds.

1) No Hit Sound (Remove the Bullet Impact Sounds from Auger/Chainsaw/Guns)
2) No Hit Sounds While Crouched (0 Impact Sound generated when you are crouched)
3) Reduced Hit Sounds While Crouched (10% Impact Sound generated while you are crouched) 

These are Modlets, so they just need to be unziped in your Mod Folder to work. 

If/When The Fun Pimps correct this issue while the mod is installed, the Auger/Chainsaws will start making the proper noises again, but the guns bullet impact will still be affect.

I also created a YouTube video showing the crouching mods in action if you are curious: https://youtu.be/BqT__I_0lzc

I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
- Mala Zedik

No Hit Sounds.zip No Hit Sounds While Crouched.zip Reduced Hit Sounds While Crouched.zip

Edited by Mala Zedik (see edit history)

Hi Mala Zedik

Thank you very much for your mods.
Something like that was needed, for those who don't like noise.
Soon TFP will add it as an added innovation in a new alpha, people have been crying out for it to change those noises, they will get the applause for their innovation.

2 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Screenshot_1.png

Yes, those are soft warnings. There is nothing I can do about that since TFP hardcoded the audio files to be used with the Auger/Chainsaw. If those sound files were tied in the XML like everything else, I would be able to modify it to not throw that warning. 

Edited by Mala Zedik
Incorrect word used. (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...