Character Revert Back To New

music snob

After I updated I logged into my vanilla Nitrado private server and I immediately got met with a death screen and when respawning my character was a new level 1 character instead of a level 11 character as was when I last logged off last weekend.

Any chance of me getting my level 11 character back?

Thank you.

I don't understand? Both times now when you guys put out fixes to or changes to game for A19 (b163) and again for A19 (b169) I lost my character. I am back to Level 1 and game stage  is back to Level 1. Though I still have everything in my inventory again. Also, my kills are still the same and deaths. You all need to fix this issue because I don't want to start over a third or fourth time and possibly a fifth time before you make this Alpha 19 a "Stable Build". This is ridiculous because I am playing on a PvP server. If you cannot release an Alpha without all bugs fixed then maybe you shouldn't rush releasing a NEW ENTIRE PATCH of the game until it's all resolved. Need players to play the game to help spot glitches and bugs??? How about you all yourselves play your own damn game first to find the bugs yourselves and once all is good to go then release the NEW ALPHA PATCH. This should be embarrassing.

SylenThunder,

I understand completely. I apologize and wasn't trying to be an @$$%*!#. I also have read the "Sticky thread" Been a member on here since September 2017.                        But this blows big time. The reason I made this complaint because this stuff never occurred during A17 and A18. So, I was at a complete lost when this started happening now on A19.  I am sure there must be a way to not lose player profiles if I am still able to spawn into the game with my entire backpack loadout. 

It occurred in a18 if there were any changes to progression.xml. Most likely that's what has occurred in the latest update. There were changes to progression, and any characters affected by those changes would be adjusted or reset.

If you don't wan't to face losses like this, then wait until we're on 19.3 or 19.4. If you've been playing since a17 at least, you should be familiar with this.

Howdy folks,

I had this same issue on my server a few hours ago with a friend, his character was reset to level 1 (no skills, no books), but he did keeps all his items (in backpack, toolbelt, even the saved ones at his base).

I'm attaching the server log. Seems like an error while trying to read the user profile.

Further details:
Version Game: A19 B169
Sever: Windows Dedicated Server
EAC: Activated
Game Type: MP

output_log.txt

6 minutes ago, SkullCrusherNI said:

Howdy folks,

I had this same issue on my server a few hours ago with a friend, his character was reset to level 1 (no skills, no books), but he did keeps all his items (in backpack, toolbelt, even the saved ones at his base).

I'm attaching the server log. Seems like an error while trying to read the user profile.

Further details:
Version Game: A19 B169
Sever: Windows Dedicated Server
EAC: Activated
Game Type: MP

output_log.txt 334.9 kB · 0 downloads

Not related to this issue, but looks like the Botman mod isn't loading properly. You should check your install.
Also that Z2 – HUD Replacement most likely isn't compatible with this update yet. It's likely Khaines mods aren't either.
This is why we tell you not to run mods on experimental.

Your player error is difficult to identify the actual cause based on the error. That does not look like the usual issue when it's reset due to changes in progression. It appears to be related to quest data.

When they attempt to log in again afterwards, it's throwing an error on a specific item.

Had this happen to me a couple hours ago. Luckily I play SP but it still screwed me over. I was not able to retrieve my backup player file before it got overwritten. The best I could do was add xp to myself using cheats and unlock what I vaguely remember I had. Did not know what books I had so unfortunetly ive decided just to unlock all perk books for my character. My game feels cheesy now and im thinking about scraping my world and starting a new one even though Im on day 84 with almost 100 hrs into the world. 

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. (Need to be and admin to access these items) For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/17240-laz-mans-modlets/?do=findComment&comment=377082

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. (Need to be and admin to access these items) For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/17240-laz-mans-modlets/?do=findComment&comment=377082

Thanks, had a user with this problem and it allowed me to set them back to where they were!

Archived