Duplicate Books

DarkWestern

Hello, I have noticed that I have never found a single book or recipe. They all come two at a time. Maybe this is known, maybe it isn't, but I figured I'd do my due diligence and post it here. I wasn't able to find a place for bug reports, or unstable alpha feedback, so I'm posting it here. Feel free to move it into an appropriate spot if this isn't it.

2x books.png

I do. I like things to move a bit faster during experimental simply because I know the world will be destroyed much sooner than stable due to new versions etc, however, I do not recall this ever happening before in any other version. I don't find duplicates of guns, or armor, just books and recipes.

[edit] I included a screenshot I took a moment ago while playing A18, same exact settings, but now I can find 1 book at a time.

1x books.PNG

guns and armor are individual items. iirc the loot % affects the number of items in a stack, like polymer, eggs, wood, glue, books.

and yeah, a18 it didn't work that way for some reason. I noticed day 1 in the first a18 exp that i would get one egg from birds' nests sometimes, which shouldn't be possible at 200% loot, since 200% of zero is zero and 200% of 1 is 2 lol. 

It did work the same way in a17 as it does now in a19 though.

1 hour ago, katarynna said:

guns and armor are individual items. iirc the loot % affects the number of items in a stack, like polymer, eggs, wood, glue, books.

and yeah, a18 it didn't work that way for some reason. I noticed day 1 in the first a18 exp that i would get one egg from birds' nests sometimes, which shouldn't be possible at 200% loot, since 200% of zero is zero and 200% of 1 is 2 lol. 

How interesting! Well, I guess we figured it out kinda? I also noticed Prime found a single book in his A19 stream, so I suppose it must be the 200% loot causing double recipes/books. I'd always thought it simply meant abundance of loot rather than a literal doubling of select loot. Very interesting stuff.

primee.jpg

2 hours ago, katarynna said:

This is correct.  It doesn't affect the ability to find something in a loot container. It only affects the stack sizes of the stack-able loot.

Archived