Gouki´s A19/A20/A21/V1.0 Modlets

Gouki

6 hours ago, Gamida said:

This is good. I wish there was someway all mods from all the earlier alphas could be archived somewhere as I am sure others like me do like to reminisce sometimes and play earlier alphas

Hi Gamida

Later the change will be made to alphas in a single folder, but for now they will be like this.

Regards

Gouki

16 hours ago, LordSoth01 said:

That is correct, a separate construction path for building blocks using similar resources, in this case the new system AND the old system.

One of the things I saw people do is when the usual tiered systems got to the steel tier, they'd all use the same "upgrade" steelshapes from that tier with whatever kind of block they were using in their mod (titanium, cobalt, hardened, etc). So I was thinking we could just start off with another set of blocks for exotic materials.  They could function similarly, but look different, had different values, and possibly had different resistances, bonuses, buffs, etc depending on tier and rarity of resource.

My idea was to have it alongside the current system, vanilla build blocks and tier system, then add in more, like your system tier of blocks.
Then, if it was possible, have exotic materials make new blocks from t0/t1 that upgraded like the current system.  Could be gem blocks using glass block prefab with color tinting and/or emissives or particles. Same for exotic metals, stone, wood, etc.  This way, you could have additional blocks without trying to override each other when you got to the tier5/tier6 block when upgrading.  You could attach even more precious or exotic materials to the other sections to take them past t6 if you wanted to.

This way you'd have plenty of resources to search and gather for that would offer different aesthetics, resistances, buffs, bonuses, etc.

The next step I was thinking, and this is one of the closest example I can use to explain some of the differences, is to use something akin to Ultima Online's material bonus, like how they had different colored ore that all had different bonuses and rarity to find like agapite, verite, etc.
Examples here Ultima Online - Material Bonuses

These would even confer bonuses to weapons and gear. So, I was looking for the possibility to even get in extra base block systems to, not only get more build options, but for the basis of other ideas. Then once those were working, start adding in other materials then offer bonuses and gear stats, etc. But one step at a time.  Since you work with the blocks, I figured you would have a better grasp of what I am talking about.

Thanks for listening btw! 

Hi LordSoth01

I made some changes to the code and the blocks are as shown in the image.
Main blocks in the game follow the same upgrade path and can also be crafted normally.
Old blocks are only crafted and can be upgraded between them (The hammer and the nail gun upgrade to brick).
The last block which is StainlessSteel is independent (It's like a T0 20,000 durability).
From that StainlessSteel block you can upgrade to T1, T2, etc. blocks and give each block greater durability and resistance to explosions.
What do you think, is it useful or not?

Regards

Gouki

V1.0_2024.jpg

Hi,

I wanted to ask about Less Grass mod. I want to reduce the amount of grass there is to see smaller animals better but I don't really want to get rid off of all the grass, like you did in your picture. Is the default, 0.04, value what I want or should I change it?

Sorry for asking, but I dont know anything about modding and I dont want to mess up my world by changing one modded file multiple times in a row

34 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I made some changes to the code and the blocks are as shown in the image.
Main blocks in the game follow the same upgrade path and can also be crafted normally.
Old blocks are only crafted and can be upgraded between them (The hammer and the nail gun upgrade to brick).
The last block which is StainlessSteel is independent (It's like a T0 20,000 durability).
From that StainlessSteel block you can upgrade to T1, T2, etc. blocks and give each block greater durability and resistance to explosions.
What do you think, is it useful or not?

Oh definitely. This also helps with my ideas and thoughts for different base (basic/starting tiers) building blocks.
Thank you for that. Just needed some insight as I haven't done that before.

40 minutes ago, ShiestySorcerer said:

Hi,

I wanted to ask about Less Grass mod. I want to reduce the amount of grass there is to see smaller animals better but I don't really want to get rid off of all the grass, like you did in your picture. Is the default, 0.04, value what I want or should I change it?

Sorry for asking, but I dont know anything about modding and I dont want to mess up my world by changing one modded file multiple times in a row

Hi ShiestySorcerer

The default value for my mod is 0.04, but you can adjust it to your liking.
If you want your world to look different than the image shows, then you should change the values.

These are the original values for snow:

For the Pine Forest:

Regards

Gouki

30 minutes ago, LordSoth01 said:

Oh definitely. This also helps with my ideas and thoughts for different base (basic/starting tiers) building blocks.
Thank you for that. Just needed some insight as I haven't done that before.

Hey LordSoth01

What kind of materials will you add to continue improving StainlesSteel?

I can add them little by little, because I have little free time.
The new blocks would have textures from the game.

Regards

Gouki

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hey LordSoth01

What kind of materials will you add to continue improving StainlesSteel?

I can add them little by little, because I have little free time.
The new blocks would have textures from the game.

Regards

Gouki

Oh that's quite alright, I appreciate the effort but you don't have to.
It was both for wondering if a base tier 0 starter block system could be added parallel to the current ones as well as for upgrading the zenith of the basic chain (is it t5 if t0 is used or t6 still? I get confused).

I was thinking about not only popular fantasy materials, ore, gems, wood, hide, etc... but also from my own RPG stuff to bring to life.
It'll take a while and i'll have to material.xmls too but I can figure it out, hopefully.

If you want to do something though, thats fine too. I always like options!

On 9/1/2024 at 7:38 PM, LordSoth01 said:

Oh that's quite alright, I appreciate the effort but you don't have to.
It was both for wondering if a base tier 0 starter block system could be added parallel to the current ones as well as for upgrading the zenith of the basic chain (is it t5 if t0 is used or t6 still? I get confused).

I was thinking about not only popular fantasy materials, ore, gems, wood, hide, etc... but also from my own RPG stuff to bring to life.
It'll take a while and i'll have to material.xmls too but I can figure it out, hopefully.

If you want to do something though, thats fine too. I always like options!

Hi LordSoth01

I think it's great that you made your mod and above all to your taste.
I think your mod will give it a similarity to Sorcery mod, don't you think so?
I'll probably make 2 or 4 more blocks to improve from the stainless steel, but for the moment I'll leave it as is.

Regards

Gouki

On 9/2/2024 at 1:40 AM, Gouki said:

Hi ShiestySorcerer

The default value for my mod is 0.04, but you can adjust it to your liking.
If you want your world to look different than the image shows, then you should change the values.

These are the original values for snow:

For the Pine Forest:

Regards

Gouki

Thank you for posting original values. I will play with them and see how the world will look like for my next playthrough!

Thank you for help the help and for updating your mods!

i noticed that you updated to 1.0, but the old system upgrade is still broken at concrete, it wont upgrade.
some suggestions for you;

in items.xml file remove the lines you have to set resources for repair and use this.
<!-- ADD OTHER RESOURCES TO REPAIR TOOLS -->
<csv xpath="//property[@name='Allowed_upgrade_items']/@value" delim="," op="add">resourceSteelPolishH</csv>

in blocks.xml get rid of this section since it already exists in vanilla;
<!--
    <remove xpath="/blocks/block[@name='concreteShapes']/property[@class='UpgradeBlock']"/>
    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='concreteShapes']">
        <property class="UpgradeBlock">
            <property name="ToBlock" value="steelShapes"/>
            <property name="Item" value="resourceForgedSteel"/>
            <property name="ItemCount" value="10"/>
            <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4"/>
            </property>
    </append>
-->

I maintain the Titanium mod on nexus and was asked to add compatability for your mod and others. In order to understand what your mod did i ended up writing a new mod completely from scratch since there's too much outdated stuff in yours, so if you're interested in seeing that i can show you privately. My basic idea was to follow the old upgrade model but with a twist, i add wood and metal cladding to each tier as upgrades. In total it gives about 10 tiers to the complete upgrade path. I even added in a glass and cobalt option since those exist in the painting.xml file. Out of respect for your work i will not publish my alternate block upgrades if you fix yours. 
Would be happy to collaborate if you want and I can help you with any other issues you have going forward if you want, like for example i see you were talking about adding further upgrades to blocks beyond stainless.

On 9/11/2024 at 11:50 AM, ALo said:

i noticed that you updated to 1.0, but the old system upgrade is still broken at concrete, it wont upgrade.
some suggestions for you;

in items.xml file remove the lines you have to set resources for repair and use this.
<!-- ADD OTHER RESOURCES TO REPAIR TOOLS -->
<csv xpath="//property[@name='Allowed_upgrade_items']/@value" delim="," op="add">resourceSteelPolishH</csv>

in blocks.xml get rid of this section since it already exists in vanilla;
<!--
    <remove xpath="/blocks/block[@name='concreteShapes']/property[@class='UpgradeBlock']"/>
    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='concreteShapes']">
        <property class="UpgradeBlock">
            <property name="ToBlock" value="steelShapes"/>
            <property name="Item" value="resourceForgedSteel"/>
            <property name="ItemCount" value="10"/>
            <property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4"/>
            </property>
    </append>
-->

I maintain the Titanium mod on nexus and was asked to add compatability for your mod and others. In order to understand what your mod did i ended up writing a new mod completely from scratch since there's too much outdated stuff in yours, so if you're interested in seeing that i can show you privately. My basic idea was to follow the old upgrade model but with a twist, i add wood and metal cladding to each tier as upgrades. In total it gives about 10 tiers to the complete upgrade path. I even added in a glass and cobalt option since those exist in the painting.xml file. Out of respect for your work i will not publish my alternate block upgrades if you fix yours. 
Would be happy to collaborate if you want and I can help you with any other issues you have going forward if you want, like for example i see you were talking about adding further upgrades to blocks beyond stainless.

Hi ALo

Thanks for checking the blocks thing, I already had that in mind, but since it doesn't give an error, I didn't see the need for it.
As for upgrading to concrete, I haven't had any problems, I guess it's incompatibility with your titanium mod.
The reason the item code is like that is because I want the stone axe and hammer to not upgrade all blocks, but to do so up to a certain type of block.
Thank you very much for offering your help to continue adding blocks and fixing minor errors, but for the moment I won't add anything to the mod due to time issues.
I've already made the fixes you mention, there shouldn't be a problem.

Regards
Gouki