Gouki´s A19/A20/A21 Modlets

Gouki

On 1/23/2022 at 8:19 AM, bloodaxis said:

Would it be possible to extend the grass pickup mod to include things like cotton and other wild crops? Stellar work regardless on your mods.

Hi Bloodaxis

Of course it can be done, when I have the mod finished I will share it, I have also added ShortGrass (new in A20) so that it can also be collected.
Regards

Mod "GK Pickup Grass and MoreUpdated.  (Only A20)

Changes v1.2:

Added short grass to collect by pressing "E".
Added dead corn to collect by pressing "E".
Added all wild plants (Cotton, Goldenrod, etc) to collect with "E".

Mod "GK Old FarmlandUpdated.

Changes v1.2:

Return the fertilized terrain from previous alphas, there are two types of terrain:

terrFertile: you don't need fertilizer, you can plant the seeds, but it will give you less product (depends on the crop).
terrFertilized: you need to use fertilizer, but it will give you 1,2 or 3 more products (Depends on the crop).
To have fertilized ground, you need to improve the terrFertile with the Hoe and have fertilizer.

Return resourceTurd and resourceFertilizer.
The recipe to make fertilizer is added and the necessary ingredients are respected as it was in previous alphas.
You can also make fertilizer with RottingFlesh.

You can buy the fertilizer at the trader or find it in the trash.
You find the turd in the toilet or in the garbage.

All Crops Player are added to be collected by pressing "E".
The only loss you will have when collecting Crops Player with "E", is that you will not get the seed, but you will have a little more product and without spending points in LivingOfTheLand.

Changed the name to Iron Hoe T2 and the schematic to Iron Hoe T2 Schematic in Localization.
Removed red color from Iron Hoe.

A20.1_2022-01-26_19-31-38.jpg

A20.1_2022-01-26_19-31-42.jpg

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

On 1/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, Gouki said:

Changes v1.2:

Added short grass to collect by pressing "E".
Added dead corn to collect by pressing "E".
Added all wild plants (Cotton, Goldenrod, etc) to collect with "E".

Works great, only peculiarity I noticed was that picking things up with E doesn't seem to take harvest amount modifiers into account like Living off the Land, not sure how you'd go about fixing that though so it's just something I'll have to live with. :D

4 hours ago, bloodaxis said:

Works great, only peculiarity I noticed was that picking things up with E doesn't seem to take harvest amount modifiers into account like Living off the Land, not sure how you'd go about fixing that though so it's just something I'll have to live with. :D

Hi Bloodaxis

It is known that picking up wild plants or crops with "E" (as it was done in previous alphas) does not work as well as using LivingoftheLand.
But I've updated my Gk Old Farmland mod, which now reintroduces the system from previous Alphas (<--A16), wild plants don't benefit from it, but the crops you plant will give you a bit more resources. depending on the plant and the terrain.

Example:     terrFertile = 4 potatoes, 4 corn, 4 coffee
                   terrFertilized = 6 potatoes, 6 corn, 6 coffee

I've also found that Farmplots benefit from my mod, so you'll get a bit more resources and no need to spend points on LivingoftheLand.
The only loss with my GK Old Farmland mod is that you won't get the seed.
But I'm already working on that, I will reduce the product cost you need to make the seeds to as it was in previous alphas.
I am also thinking whether or not to add a new Farmplot that uses terrFertilized and you will have a little more product.
Regards

P.S. All my mods work with A20.1 b6 Exp

On 12/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, Gouki said:

Thoughts: I wonder why the curiosity for this simple change, in previous versions the tires gave resourceForgedSteel and resourceOil, and no person was curious about that, the detail is the acid.

Oh well the reason I didn't bring up the forged steel. Is there are a bunch of things in the game. That reliably give forged steel. Without the need of RNG. Acid on the other hand is obnoxious. I don't need a special book. Or to pray to RNJesus to get steel. I just need to whack a broken vending machine. Which was why that curiosity came up. There was a mod that let you bypass. One of the most RNG ridden annoying resources. By making the RNG just smack tire. Have a chance to get a tire. Which is logical and made sense. Not every tire you pick up will be useable. Check a few till you find one. That doesn't have any holes. Then use that to make your vehicle XD. But I'm not a mod dev. So whichever way you feel is best. Is the best course of action. Thus now a mod to straight up circumvent acid. Has now been found.

• 4 weeks later...

with your "pick up grass and more mod" could you possibly add, sticks, cinder blocks both single and the multiple one, and the scrap iron blocks with it, it would make things easier,

just a small request thats all, thanks for all your hard work, cheers

On 2/27/2022 at 7:26 PM, ozmods said:

with your "pick up grass and more mod" could you possibly add, sticks, cinder blocks both single and the multiple one, and the scrap iron blocks with it, it would make things easier,

just a small request thats all, thanks for all your hard work, cheers

Hi Ozmods

Of course it can be done, I'll upload a version shortly.
An apology for replying somewhat late.
Regards

On 1/31/2022 at 11:46 AM, Tpunk21 said:

Oh well the reason I didn't bring up the forged steel. Is there are a bunch of things in the game. That reliably give forged steel. Without the need of RNG. Acid on the other hand is obnoxious. I don't need a special book. Or to pray to RNJesus to get steel. I just need to whack a broken vending machine. Which was why that curiosity came up. There was a mod that let you bypass. One of the most RNG ridden annoying resources. By making the RNG just smack tire. Have a chance to get a tire. Which is logical and made sense. Not every tire you pick up will be useable. Check a few till you find one. That doesn't have any holes. Then use that to make your vehicle XD. But I'm not a mod dev. So whichever way you feel is best. Is the best course of action. Thus now a mod to straight up circumvent acid. Has now been found.

Hi Tpunki21

I understand your point of view, I myself have struggled to find acid, but that is what gives a little life to the game, not everything should be easy.
I'm glad you found a mod that solves the acid problem, now to continue enjoying the game.

An apology for replying somewhat late.
Regards

Changes 1.3

Added cinder blocks and scrap metal pile to collect with "E".
Added Firewood piles, driftwood and ember piles to collect with "E".
Added traps and mines to collect with "E".
Added sandbags, barbed wire and fence, tires to collect with "E".
Added Westwagon and wheels,cowSkull,Haybale,burning barrel to collect with "E".
More items have been added to collect with "E", discover them for yourself as you travel the world.

I really enjoy your mods. I am having a slight issue with the GK Old System Upgrade mod. I created the brick mold, but I am not sure where to install it. It will not go into the forge. Is there something I am missing or not doing correct? Let me know thanks.

51 minutes ago, KailJ said:

I really enjoy your mods. I am having a slight issue with the GK Old System Upgrade mod. I created the brick mold, but I am not sure where to install it. It will not go into the forge. Is there something I am missing or not doing correct? Let me know thanks.

Hi KailJ

I'm glad you like my mods.
You only install the brick mold in the forge even if no icon appears in the tools for the forge, check it out.
Regards

6 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi KailJ

I'm glad you like my mods.
You only install the brick mold in the forge even if no icon appears in the tools for the forge, check it out.
Regards

I have tried. It will not let me create bricks, it says the brick mold needs to be installed. I have the brick mold in my inventory, but no matter what I do, it will not recognize the mold. Could it be because I am using SMX?

7 minutes ago, KailJ said:

I have tried. It will not let me create bricks, it says the brick mold needs to be installed. I have the brick mold in my inventory, but no matter what I do, it will not recognize the mold. Could it be because I am using SMX?

May be that is the problem, Smx modifies many things related to windows.xml, controls.xml, Xui.xml, etc.
I could take a look at the smx mod, although I'm not sure at the moment, what version of the mod do you have.

9 minutes ago, Gouki said:

May be that is the problem, Smx modifies many things related to windows.xml, controls.xml, Xui.xml, etc.
I could take a look at the smx mod, although I'm not sure at the moment, what version of the mod do you have.

I am using the the most current version of all mods (I check daily before I play for any updates to what I use). I have a few brick pallets currently so I have access to bricks that way for now. Just would be nice to be able to make more. LOL. :)

13 minutes ago, KailJ said:

I am using the the most current version of all mods (I check daily before I play for any updates to what I use). I have a few brick pallets currently so I have access to bricks that way for now. Just would be nice to be able to make more. LOL. :)

I have checked Smx and I see that there are some more lines added, it is just a matter of appending them to the code and see if they work correctly, it may be ready tomorrow.
Harvesting brick pallets is also another way to get them, but if you want you can modify the blocks.xml code and add more amount of brick when harvesting the pallets.

You could also tell Sirilion (creator of the mod) to make a compatibility.

Regards

3 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I have checked Smx and I see that there are some more lines added, it is just a matter of appending them to the code and see if they work correctly, it may be ready tomorrow.
Harvesting brick pallets is also another way to get them, but if you want you can modify the blocks.xml code and add more amount of brick when harvesting the pallets.
Regards

You could also tell Sirilion (creator of the mod) to make a compatibility.

I am in no hurry, when ever you have the time. I am sure you have a lot on your plate as it is with creating mods for 7D ;)

2 hours ago, ozmods said:

hi there

just to let you know, your mod works, however i cant pickup number 1 cinder blocks, drift wood or metal piles. just thought you would like to know, not sure why this is so.

Hi ozmods

That's weird, I just checked it and they can be picked up without any problem, I'll share some images.
The only thing I discovered, is that cinderBlocks03 can't be scraped if you don't have 3 objects from the same block, which is weird, but I'll revert the code back to how I had it before and check again.
Regards

A20.2_2022-03-03_17-30-16.jpg

A20.2_2022-03-03_17-30-54.jpg

A20.2_2022-03-03_17-39-03.jpg

A20.2_2022-03-03_17-39-09.jpg

19 hours ago, KailJ said:

I am in no hurry, when ever you have the time. I am sure you have a lot on your plate as it is with creating mods for 7D ;)

Hi KailJ

Apparently it works without any problem, I just made a few changes to the code of my mod and SmxUi, I'll share it with you shortly.
Regards

A20.2_2022-03-03_13-01-07.jpg

3 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi KailJ

Apparently it works without any problem, I just made a few changes to the code of my mod and SmxUi, I'll share it with you shortly.
Regards

A20.2_2022-03-03_13-01-07.jpg

Sounds great. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, KailJ said:

Sounds great. Thanks.

Hi KailJ

Here is the link for the fix:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/4dx4f5rnirne1yh/Fix_for_GK_OSU_working_on_Smx.rar/file

You just have to copy and paste the windows.xml files in each mod, make sure to leave them with the name windows (I added a badge for the mod that corresponds to each one), if it asks you to overwrite, do it.

GK Old System Upgrade -> Config -> XUi
SMXui -> Config -> XUi

Regards

On 3/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, Gouki said:

Hi KailJ

Here is the link for the fix:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/4dx4f5rnirne1yh/Fix_for_GK_OSU_working_on_Smx.rar/file

You just have to copy and paste the windows.xml files in each mod, make sure to leave them with the name windows (I added a badge for the mod that corresponds to each one), if it asks you to overwrite, do it.

GK Old System Upgrade -> Config -> XUi
SMXui -> Config -> XUi

Regards

Thanks so much, going to give it a try. ;)