Crossbow Repeater mod

lilwolf9023

I love cross bows,  In any game i feel they are amazing to use, but in a game like this the slow fire rate and the reload speed make using archery outside of clearing poi with stealth a bad idea ,  unless your using explosive  arrows/ bolts. A idea i had for a future weapon mod is a Crossbow drum or repeater mod, Allowing the crossbow to carry more then 1 bolt,  but would increase the reload time  quite  a bit. or as a new type of crossbow as well. easiest way to have a "grenade launcher
 style weapon in this game, load this bad boy with explosive bolts nad let hell loose.

Bow & Arrows is extremely strong in the early game in my opinion. I have used a level 5 primitive bow for the first two weeks or so and it takes out everything. Most zombies die with a single stealthed headshot (damage x3.5). There is that pop&pills hospital with the heliport on top of it where a lot of zombies are waiting for the player. Especially with iron arrows (you find them everywhere) you can simply crouch in front of that zomb horde and pick out one after another with a headshot. As it does not make any noise only the hit zomb will wake up, rest remains sleeping. Few days of training and you never miss a sleeper's head. Same applies to weak animals like deer. One stealthed arrow to the head and it is down. 

Have switched to a level 4 wooden bow recently and that thing is even more powerful. With increased arrow speed it is easier to hit heads as well.

Personally, I think they are awesome in the early game and even later on for sneak attacks. Not talking about the satisfaction playing with a bow gives me :D

I am even thinking about spending some skill points on bows.

Playing on difficulty Warrior btw.

54 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Bow & Arrows is extremely strong in the early game in my opinion. I have used a level 5 primitive bow for the first two weeks or so and it takes out everything. Most zombies die with a single stealthed headshot (damage x3.5). There is that pop&pills hospital with the heliport on top of it where a lot of zombies are waiting for the player. Especially with iron arrows (you find them everywhere) you can simply crouch in front of that zomb horde and pick out one after another with a headshot. As it does not make any noise only the hit zomb will wake up, rest remains sleeping. Few days of training and you never miss a sleeper's head. Same applies to weak animals like deer. One stealthed arrow to the head and it is down. 

Have switched to a level 4 wooden bow recently and that thing is even more powerful. With increased arrow speed it is easier to hit heads as well.

Personally, I think they are awesome in the early game and even later on for sneak attacks. Not talking about the satisfaction playing with a bow gives me :D

I am even thinking about spending some skill points on bows.

Playing on difficulty Warrior btw.

i mean true, bows nad crossbows early game are  amazing, but as you get up  in game stages, it becomes kinda irrelivant,  Still they do have uses, just would like them to be more horde night viable, or maybe i just what the grenade launcher so much  XD either way its just an idea 

I wouldn't say irrelevant just because you cannot really use them for horde night. It kind of makes sense to me that you can't fight off zombs at horde night with bow & arrows only at a higher gamestage. But bows are still very useful for the remaining seven days between horde nights, especially as they can save you tons of ammo for guns you need at horde night. 

I have never played like that but I guess a max skilled bowman with steel / fire arrows is able to loot most POIs with bow & arrows only even at a very late gamestage.

Having that mod for the bow is a good idea. as long as it took longer to close the cross hairs when aiming  and hip fire had a larger spread aswell. Cross bows do a lot of damage as is and multi shot would make small hordes do able witch saves you ammo for horde night. 

9 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

I wouldn't say irrelevant just because you cannot really use them for horde night. It kind of makes sense to me that you can't fight off zombs at horde night with bow & arrows only at a higher gamestage. But bows are still very useful for the remaining seven days between horde nights, especially as they can save you tons of ammo for guns you need at horde night. 

I have never played like that but I guess a max skilled bowman with steel / fire arrows is able to loot most POIs with bow & arrows only even at a very late gamestage.

This is true, and in honesty a bow with explosive arrows can handle horde nights with a good base to save you. I had not really thought about it. and yeah bows and iron arrows alone i just cleared a custom Poi pool  with little to no problems.. even though i got ambushed 4 times.  The bow really made it a breeze.

4 hours ago, Toybox372 said:

Having that mod for the bow is a good idea. as long as it took longer to close the cross hairs when aiming  and hip fire had a larger spread aswell. Cross bows do a lot of damage as is and multi shot would make small hordes do able witch saves you ammo for horde night. 

It would bu i also no  realize that the Xbow has such high base damage as is, if you give it a repeater mod  it will give it increadible DPS...  though this could be offset by low clip size ( 5 or 7 arrows)  a relitivly slow fire rate for an semi/ fully auto weapon,  Or just having the mod lower damage a bit... still it would be nice  to have  XD 

Archived