shotgun or .44 Magnum?

ElCabong

Just bought the .44 Magnum schematic from a traitor and I just happened to loot a crucible on the mission he sent me to. I chose for the mission reward a double barrel shotgun that I put a choke in. I have the pistol parts I need to make the .44.

Don't want to carry both of them. I will only use the shotgun or the .44 if I'm in trouble. I kind of lean toward the .44 because it has five rounds and the double barrel shotgun is a going to be a little slower, I think.

In that case, I'd take the .44. But pump shotgun over .44. I just scrap all the double-barrels. I'd rather carry a 9mm pistol than a DB shotgun, but that's based on my typical use case which is several zombies put me in a tight spot and I want a little crowd control. A DB would let me absolutely take one zombie down, but the 9mm (or .44) will let me kneecap at least a couple of them with bullets left over, if not kill them outright (with the .44).

I went two weeks before getting anything besides the blunderbuss, first time I've used one and I'm quite impressed by it and ammo is easy cheap to produce. I bought a level 5 AK from the trader, but due to limited ammo, I only use in an emergency. The only weapons I used a day 21 horde was the BB and a crossbow, oh and I had three Molotovs. Picked up a pump shotgun from the zombie loot drop from that horde night. I'm still going to keep the BB for horde night and conserve the better ammo for looting and quests.

shotgun ammo is easier to craft

if you're playing solo i would just use whatever you have ammo for. because depending on your RNG or perks you probably won't be crafting ammo or mining the materials anytime soon.

Archived